• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: VIP BulkHeads - NOW COMPLETE

pc_light

Enlightened
Re: FS: VIP BulkHeads - NEW (but incomplete)

Hi Charlie:

And if Lumiere doesn't really plan on putting both into VIPs' I'll take the last complete BH!

Holding my PP.

pc_light

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haven't checked this thread in 2-3 days. So glad you got 'em. Sending PP for one reflector.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Most orders are on their way, however I have not had a chance to count up the Complete BulkHead units available which is why I said to hold up after Lumiere's order.

Will take a final count tonight, along with remaining availability if any.

gp01

Newly Enlightened

Charlie, I need one reflector for my BKhead recently received without one. I will PP this weekend.

indenial

Enlightened

Sorry to read about your computer problems. Does that mean that some of these orders will be delayed or did they all go out before the crash? Thanks.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

gp01 - okay.

indenial - they all made the "crash cut"...

gp01

Newly Enlightened

Charlie, do you have lens still available. I think I indadvertently discarded my box which had it in there with the bulkhead. Anyway, I need another. Let me know how much to add since I need to PP you for a reflector. thanks.

NITEFISH

Newly Enlightened

Got my BH & VIP yesterday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Looks so much better with the BH on. Used it at work last night, much better than the photon I had been using. This should hold me over till I finish my OA1AA light.
Thanks again,
Mr. Bulk & Zvi
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

GP01,

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you - there were a matched number of lenses for BH bodies, and in fact when I inadvertently damaged the one in my own VIP/BH I had to cannibalize one from the group. Then when they all got sold out I had to re-cannibalize the one from the original BH of the VIP Prototype VIP(!!!) just to complete the orders.

So now I have two BHs and - one lens! Sorry.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got the refector today, thanks Mr. B
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

indenial

Enlightened

Reflector received today. Fits perfectly. Wow! Excellent beam. Thanks MrBULK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Tweek

Enlightened

Well, I got my reflectors to finish off my BH's last night... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif In looking at them I think I may have figured out exactly why Mr. Bulk was so tightlipped about his original BH reflector source. They say pictures are worth a thousand words, so here's a pair of quick snapshots for you. In both pics, the original reflector is on the left, and the new SL reflector is on the right:

OrigBHRef_vs_SLRef_1.jpg

OrigBHRef_vs_SLRef_2.jpg

The only difference that I can spot is that the original one has a brown plastic, and the new one is greyish blue. The dimensions are identical, the reflective surface is identical... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The blue cast to the second pic is because I used the headless nekkid VIP right below the camera lens to light up the reflectors so you could see the stippling, and didn't adjust the white balance. Worked soo much better than the bounce flash! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Wow, almost clone-like, 'cept mebbe the cloners couldn't quite find the right colored plastic is...

Also the original brown plastic seemed to let just a little more light "bleed through" (mirrored finish notwithstanding) so I think the Streamies are actually just a tad brighter -- but only the light meter would know for sure.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Charlie,

Any extra reflectors available for those of us who want extras "just-in-case"?

XFlash

Enlightened

Charlie, I bought a bulkhead with no reflector is it still possible to get a reflector fot that Bulhead?
Thanks

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

XFlash, just provide me the payment method you used so I can verify, not that I don't believe you, but these dang reflectors are so rare and hard to come by that I simply Must be absolutely positive I am distributing them to those who indeed bought Incomplete BulkHeads first. Then after the smoke settles I will see how many are left if any (would hafta keep a few on hand for myself, ya know) and then sell the rest - hey, mebbe I should put'em up on e-bay... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

BTW if you'll notice in the pic, the "blue" reflector is ever so slightly shorter than the brown one...hmmm, wonder if this makes any difference...BRB.

Nope, not a difference the naked eye can see.

Tweek

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
BTW if you'll notice in the pic, the "blue" reflector is ever so slightly shorter than the brown one...hmmm, wonder if this makes any difference...BRB.

Nope, not a difference the naked eye can see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there, tried that, they produce exactly the same beam patterns... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They mainly look different sizes because of the way they're sitting on the blanket there. Do I need to break out the straightedge for a better comparison shot? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris

XFlash

Enlightened

Mr Bulk,
I sent Pay Pal for 26.00, dated 11 Sep 04.
Thanks
XFlash
also sent PM

Latest posts