• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:XM-L2 Shorty C/D Maglites NOW--> 950+ OTF lumens!!

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Shorty C/D 26650 M*glites + XML and more.

How bright would a Nichia high Cri be? Or how about a neutral xml?

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi KuanR,

I am not familiar with Nichias, but based on what I can gather from the data sheet a high CRI would give about 225 lumens OTF. The neutral XM-L depending on the bin would give roughly 600-700 ish OTF.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, so it seems like with the latest data base issue we only lost about 2 days worth of posts ( Thank you again Greta for all your hard work :) ). I will try to repost from memory the answers I can.

Questions I recall are.

What is the cost and size of a 26650 cell?

Cost is around $15 each.

The name and size of a 26650 are one. 26mm x 650mm. They are a bit larger around than a C battery and a bit longer than a D.

Can 3AA cells be used in place of a li-ion?

Yes, if an adapter like mdocod sells here is used.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?320162-Odd-Mods-Adapters-3AA-21AA-M6-rechargeable-solutions-Dummy-cells-Customs!&p=3717111#post3717111

Can NIMH rechargeable cells be used?

Yes. A set of quality NIMH cells will vastly out perform alkaline cells in a high powered light. 3 AA alks would only be in for emergency and would work at a reduced output at best.

If I missed anyone elses questions please repost and I will answer.

EDIT: Head finning now available. Shipping world wide is now FREE!

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would have to find out what the OD of the adapter fully loaded is to see if there is enough metal left on the body. I dont have any way to bore grooves up the inside of the body like some others do, so it would just be a standard enlarging of the body.

I really dont think 4AA alkalines would perform well in this type of light. They just dont carry a load that well.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I have finished building your light. When I get home from work tonight I will stress test it ( Basically turn it on, let it get hot, and make sure the current is still stable after a few minutes). If all goes well it will be on its way tomorrow.

StudFreeman

Enlightened

First page, second picture, 2nd Mag from the left. Is that a teal Mag 1D? Also, can you list all the colors you have access to?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

rufus,

Order shipped. Please let us know what you think of the light when it arrives. Thanks

StudFreeman,

That light is actually blue. I can get silver, green, red, black, grey, purple, camo, and digital camo,
media.nl
media.nl
media.nl
media.nl
media.nl
media.nl
media.nl

If you have a source for a different color that you want to send I can do that as well.

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

How much is this mod if I have my own stock host?

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Shorty C/D 26650 Maglites + XML and more.

How do you cycle through the modes?

Is the C mag available in any other color besides black?

Travis

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi FT,

Modes are like this. Press the switch for momentary on, quickly release and re press the switch to cycle to the next mode. When you find the mode you want fully depress the switch to stay in it. If you choose to have memory the next time you turn the light on it will be in that mode.

Colors other than black in C are extremely rare these days, since mag stopped making them. I do have a silver one I can sell for a small bit extra ($20). If you happen to know where to get some other color and want to send it I could give you a host credit toward the purchase of the light.

ToyTank

Enlightened

Do the drivers you use have LVC?

Is the C mag available in any other color besides black?

You could always buy a black from VOB and have someone cerakote it. I have seen pretty decent results even with the do it yourself baked ceramic paint.

I like the size of C M*Gs. It's a shame colors are so hard to come buy. Target B&M used to have colored C but I have not been in there in years.