• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:XM-L2 Shorty C/D Maglites NOW--> 950+ OTF lumens!!

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Re: FS: Shorty C/D 26650 M*glites + XML and more.

My light arrived this afternoon, and looks great! The XP-E2 really focuses nicely, but still puts out a very useful spill. I can't wait to use it at work monday night so I can see how well it throws! Great work and i look forward to doing business with you again :)

EDIT: This thing throws like a champ!! When used at night but with significant ambient lighting, it'll put light out 125+ (thank you google earth) yards before it runs out of steam :) At that same distance with no ambient lighting, it clearly illuminates a 15' square patch of wall.

EDIT 10/31/12: Had a chance to test my light at long range with some ambient lighting from streetlights. It faintly lit up the side of a house 367 yards away (per Google Earth). The XP-E2 in this host is awesome!

Last edited:

Andrew_adams

Newly Enlightened

How short are they cut down. I'd like one as short as possible. With the spring inside the tailcap kind of thing?

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast

How short are they cut down. I'd like one as short as possible. With the spring inside the tailcap kind of thing?

I had VOB makeme a C mag made to run 18650 cells only in order to make it shorter. It is 7 3/8" in overall length!

Travis

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Andrew,

The D mag 26650 is about 7-1/8" The C mags for 26650 are a bit longer, but like froggy taco said if you want to use a different cell they can be shorter. How short would be an ideal length for you?

ToyTank

Enlightened

I got my finned blue shorty D a few weeks ago. Very nicely done smooth tight beam I am very happy with this light. Great throw and surprisingly I've been using it with the head off as a flood light in the shop and it has been great.

I meant to comment earlier, my foot hit a stump while I was trail riding so I have not left the couch much for the last couple weeks. Doing well now though going hunting tomorrow(on the same bike)

overdog

Enlightened

..received the light last week- seems as if german custom couldn´t stop looking at it :)
really very very nice work , thanks a lot !!!
Steffen

Cooper_GTI

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Shorty C/D 26650 Maglites + XML and more.

Hi mate, these look great!

Before i go ahead and buy one, just a couple of questions;

1) What's the runtime (approx.) on low, med & high running a single 26650 or 32650?

2) Are there any mods that could taylor this towards being more of a thrower? I.e. FM deep reflector? XPG, de-domed sst-50 with less lumens but more lux?

3) Any more 'super-sales' coming up? :D

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Cooper,

1. Runtime with a 4000ma 26650 on high would be around 1.3 hours or so. Runtime on low would be roughly a month ( 33.3 days)

2. About anything you want is doable. The first thing that comes to mind is to use a deep rebel reflector with the XML. Then output remains the same, but you get a tighter hot spot.

3. Nothing on the horizon for sales at this time. :)

Thanks

Cooper_GTI

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the prompt response
Those runtime are great and the rebel reflector should give me what im after in terms of throw. This now leads me onto a couple more questions, if you will;

1) Does the deep reflector fit a C mag, as that's what im after.

2) Is it possible to fit a low voltage light of some description, in order to fool proof it for my misses as she'll use it just as often as i will and you know what women are like

33) How long can i expect to wait for it to arrive in my hands in UK?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

1. Yeah the rebel will fit in a C mag.

2. I have a circuit that has low voltage battery protection in the form of a warning flash. When the voltage of the cell hits 2.8V under load it will give a warning flash every 30 seconds. Would that work for you and the misses.

3. I usually have the lights built in 3-5 days. I think shipping across the pond takes 2-3 weeks.

Cooper_GTI

Newly Enlightened

Yes, a low voltage waring flash would be great!

Do you have any drivers that could feed the XML around 4A on high, as i understand there is some gain from running an XML at this higher current. I plan to run it on a Feilong 32650, which should hold up well to the extra load.

And one more request, could you possibly have a pair of the Feilong 32650's (from jayrob) delivered to your address and package them up along with the M@g, to save me paying £18 postage!! I'll happily give you a couple more $$ to cover the extra weight/hassle on your behalf.

Are we still talking $139 with the different driver and reflector? Just need to work out how much you want to sort me out some batteries (if you're willing to do that, of coarse). :)

- 1D host in Green
- Deep rebel reflector
- Driver incorporating low voltage warning (possibly 4A high?) L-M-H no memory

BeaconHunter

Newly Enlightened

Hello everyone and greetings from Finland, Europe!

Look what you made me do vestureofblood: because of you (and your mods!) I finally registered to this forum. I've been following these interesting conversations for years now @ this marvelous site - and now I just got to have one of those "stubbies"! First of all, I have to admit it: I have a kind of fetish regarding flashlights; I always buy them (way too often, I might add...), and I just can't stop. It's a problem, a bad habbit, clearly. But please, don't tell my wife! :sssh: :D Especially MagLites. It has a pretty long history, has always looked so cool (in my opinion at least), been used by the professionals all-around the world... I really don't know what else to say, but there's something very special in every single MagLite type and mod. I have to buy'em all, eventually... :shakehead

PS. Please accept my apologies for my bad English, I haven't used it for a while - but I'm trying!

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dont have a way to do the 4A really. I would be glad to order the cells for you. Just add what ever Jayrob wants for the cells plus shipping to my house. The price with the reflector and driver upgrades is still the same $139.

Cooper_GTI

Newly Enlightened

Hi mate,

I've sent $159 to you. This is for the following (as per paypal instructions);

1 x D stubby mag in Green

Head Finning

3 mode driver (L-M-H) No memory (start on Low when switched on), low voltage warning flash

Deep reflector

Ignore the battery scenario for the minute. I'll sort them out myself when funds allow. It's just over complicating things. Lol.

Can't wait to receive it!! :D

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll get the ball rolling on your light asap. I have a couple questions though.

I am currently out of the circuit that has the L M H no memory. The board I mentioned that has the low voltage warning is a new custom board. It works like the driver in this light. There is a link with a video in that thread too.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?346748-Custom-light-Cusom-UI

Is this circuit ok?

Also since you want to use a 32650 rather than a 26650 the body of your light will need to be slightly longer and the tail spring will be different than what is pictured in the OP. Is this acceptable?

Cooper_GTI

Newly Enlightened

I can't say Im massively keen on the modes of that driver. Ideally id like it to start on low all the time. Does mode 4 have memory, as that's probably the only one id use? I take it there is no other way around this, as id feel a lot more confident knowing theres a low voltage warning or a way of monitoring it somehow. I wouldn't like to see one of those 32650's go 'bad', especially when the other half is using it.

With regards to length, providing it doesn't add too much length, that's fine.

Latest posts