GATLIGHT V2 UPGRADE - INTEREST THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

XFlash

Enlightened
Kyle and Walter

I want my V2 to work really well! No holds barred. If we are going to do this lets go all the way, no battery drain, new LED, new converter board. If bright to dim is what it takes to make it work properly, then go for it. It is a simple and elegant UI.

Option 2 for me please.

I would prefer you find a service where we can just return the driver and you replace it with a V3 driver and new LED. We can insert the new driver and retaining clip ourselves. If the drivers get lost in the mail it will not be a big deal. My stainless V2 is beautiful and I do not want to ship it anywhere. Shipping the lights around the US makes me nervous let alone over seas.

I am super happy your offer is for a driver that uses a primary battery and runs the light at 700mA. I always wanted that as I do not prefer to use a rechargeable in your light my self.

Do not worry about the optic, the old one will work good enough.

This is a big undertaking you are considering and it will cost you many weeks of work. I think it is very kind of you to suggest it. Count me in 100%.

Cheers
Dave

I agree wholeheartedly with the quote. I have a V1 and V2. The V1 has a crapie LED this would be wonderfull for it, but for sure with V2.
Thanks for maybe offering this.
Tim - XFlash

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
The optic will not be replaced because in our tests we show that it actually works much better with the P4 than it did with the Luxeons. The V1 and V2 had sort of a square beam but the P4 makes it a perfect circular beam with lots of throw.

-Kyle

I have an aluminum V2 that was upgraded to a Seoul P4 and I agree that the
beam is much better than on the original Luxeon that I have on my other V2.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you mention that, " Lastly with the upgrade we will be installing a retainer that will keep the module from coming out when the battery is removed. "
This remind me another minor issue of the V2. When I insert the battery, sometimes the positive outside edge of the battery get stuck slidely sideway because it caught the edge of the inside rim of the body center (the cone, if you will), thus the positive terminal did not touch the contact and also the tailcap won't go in. If the retainer mentioned can extend beyond the cone's lip and taper sharply, the battery will go in straight every time.
Option 2 for me for 2 or 3 gatlight.

Greta

Flashaholic
mobile1... per your PM to me, you were not going to start any more threads on CPF proper after this one. You said that you would "move to the CPFMP" when that light is delivered. Your caveat that you be provided with the rights to open a Lumencraft Sub forum was not agreed to by me and quite honestly, just like every other manufacturer on CPF, you do not get to set the terms by which you participate in these forums and you do not get to disregard the policies of these forums if you do not like them.

As a courtesy, I gave your username at the MarketPlace posting privileges in the Manufacturer's Corner until the end of August... free of charge... so you could wrap up your sales and interest threads here on CPF and start new ones at the MarketPlace.

Please start a new thread now in the Manufacturer's Corner to continue this thread there. Once you have started that thread, you can post a link to it here in this thread and I will close this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 gatlights have been moddified with Seoul emitters. How much would it cost to go with option 1 and 2?

Thank you for offering your V2 upgrade.

ArsMachina

Enlightened
And what about V1 upgrades???

When I ship in my two V2 modules to you it would be easy also to add my three V1 modules.
I would be happy if you could just exchange the LEDs on them to P4's

Jochen

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm still waiting for mobile1 to start a new thread at the MarketPlace so I can close this one.

vandrecken

Newly Enlightened
I'd definately like to buy into an upgrade, though again as an overseas customer I don't want to ship the light.

The improvement in the control and increased output are both very desirable features.

It seems to me that the LED / driver assembly is complete and potted, so not something to be modified. I have the long version of the Gat II which is designed to take a high capacity rechargeable and doesn't accept primaries but I'd prefer to keep all the existing bits and simply buy a complete new V3 LED/driver assembly at a price that gives you a profit for your trouble.

I can live with shortening the life of a few rechargeables and having to remember not to turn it up above 70% !

Cheers

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha - we're currently looking at our options given the current situation - we'll have a decision by middle of this week August 8th, likely earlier.

Greta

Flashaholic
Sasha - we're currently looking at our options given the current situation - we'll have a decision by middle of this week August 8th, likely earlier.
I guess I don't understand this either... :thinking: :shrug: You told me in your PM that you would move over to the MarketPlace once the V3 was delivered. My understanding is that the V3 has been delivered and things are wrapping up with that sale. I provided your account with posting permissions for the Manufacturer's Corner until the end of August... for free. Your PM to me also said that you would move to the MP if you are given the rights to a Lumencraft sub forum. That right there indicates to me your acknowledgement that you are indeed a manufacturer and that is where your sales belong. Why would you expect that you be treated any differently than any other manufacturer on CPF or CPFMP? Would that be fair?

I guess I just need to learn not to take people at their word.... :shakehead

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although, i did not receive my V3, i hope it to arrive this week with no descrepancies. I am ready to post in the MP thread but looks like all the GatLight activity is here in CPF.

I don't feel like getting in between this drama but i felt the line was crossed when special wholesale pricing was offered to dealers.

-SF2

Free

Enlightened
Count me in as interested in a Number 2 upgrade for all three of my V2's. As long as I can find the appropriate thread, in the appropriate forum that is..... ;)

Greta

Flashaholic
mobile1... do you have anything further to comment on this? Should I just go ahead and close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.