GLADIUS/INSIGHT TYPHOON SEOULED(P4) MODDING ***UPDATES & DISCUSSION ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Typhoon back today. Haven't done any beam shots but I'm impressed. Can't wait to show it to my fellow LEO who has the standard Gladius. It's gonna knock his socks off.

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
HELLO VICTORY.Got your light and will have completed in the next few days and will ship out no later than Monday.:twothumbs
GLADIUSX1

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
For some reason, Gladius X1 keeps on using my previous posts to bolster his operation/position even after I specifically asked him several times to discontinue using my name after he elected to post misinformation with respect to me.

Yet he likes to bounce my name around and stand on a platform he did not develop as in reputation and the actual light itself.

So if he wants to use my name and attempt to re-state my opinions, I will state my actual opinion first-hand.

I would suggest that you review this before you make an upgrade decision.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=339582

The poster has 13,000+ posts and is no stranger to the selection of lights and related equipment.

Note the extra $55 charged. He and quite a few others have experienced the same situation as individuals have personally emailed me over these "additional charges". I was personally hit with a similar charge when I sent my light to Canada, despite the fact I followed the explicit instructions of Gladius X1 per his email to me. After he had my lights, he then emailed me and asked me to send him ADDITIONAL FUNDS via Paypal to get them back with the upgrade.
Nice....

I elected to pay the additional charges and leave it at that. I did not say anything publicly UNTIL Gladius X1 elected to get hostile with me with respect to upgrade options for Gladius Type Lights.

I was recommending folks to him simply because it was the most expedient/available short-term path, but that came to a halt after he felt it was in his best interest to throw me under the bus. Other options for Gladius customers were being discussed outside of this board/thread. I was making no attempt to re-direct or hijack the discussion here. Yet, Gladius X1 felt this outside discussion was some type of threat to his business. It a typical insecure reaction to emergent products/services I have seen for 20-years. He also made a series of misleading and factually inaccurate statements about myself and my personal motivations with respect to assisting Gladius owners.

Again, my position:

It is not rocket science to take an existing light you did not develop and an existing LED you did not develop and marry the two together. This is not a ideal unique to Gladius X1, nor previous unconsidered by those actually moving the Gladius lights forward in development. I simply wanted in an inline change and a upgrade path that made sense in an reliable well-supported manner. Many Gladius\Typhoon owners are putting this things to use in confrontational situations. I needed to be sure that the folks involved in any upgrade I can recommend are doing the right thing all around.

My initial motivation was that I did not want other Gladius\Typhoon owners to go through the same situation as I did. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense and quite frankly its misleading to the customer. Sending my customers to Gladius X1 was no longer a viable option based on my assessment of his attitude and the hit and miss fee structure. One would think that you would at least attempt to work with progenitor of the Gladius, especially if your mod business is based in part around that and your Candlepower Username is leveraging the Brand Name of the light. To each his own I suppose.

No reflection on his technical work, just the process and associated unexpected and unwanted fees as well as the loss of warrantee on the product itself.

I know when I quote a customer one thing and then find out I messed up the quote or the process...I have always erred on the side of the customer. If I tell them something, then I abide by that. Sometimes that means a hit in the pocket-book.

Get your story straight.

Last edited:

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
New Update .shipping rate change for the better .instead of having one at $45.00 with no insurance you take your chances .the other was $65.00 full insurance.so I have come to a middle ground on both .no chance shipping .same as the $65.00 option .Now $45.00 full insurance for all light mod orders.
GLADIUSX1

Last edited:

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
Let me see if I have this right:

- You feel free to quote me after I asked you not to (based on your rhetoric within the thread) - That's Okay
- I shouldn't quote myself by speaking firsthand and stating my opinion post your rhetoric - That's not Okay

I don't think I will stay out of it as long as YOU continue to include me in the thread. You're actually quite comical and you sense of what is right and wrong seems a bit out of kilter.

Nothing that I have stated is incorrect, slanted or otherwise misleading. You on the other hand cannot maintain the same position. I personally enjoy debate, banter, and fighting on multiple levels.

In fact, I just quoted an independent source who experienced the same thing I did. Everybody feel free to post on that forum or ask that individual what his experience was. (Somehow he must have messed up too...)
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=339582

Now listen up "Gladius X1)....Ready, here we go for the 4th time.

Stop using my name, my quotes, my pictures and I will sit on the sidelines as previous stated.
Use my name, use my quotes, and my pictures and I will state the truth within the thread you are electing to involve me.

Why you in particular?

a. Your procedure, something you set up and advertised, cost more me than you stated despite my following your exact directions (somehow it was my fault).

b. I said nothing publicly post the ADDITIONAL funds to get my lights back

c. You then made statements about me in public that were untrue, unfounded and factually inaccurate (to date you have not retracted any of them)

d. I then asked you to let to stopping using my name in the discussion of this process within this thread. You didn't.

e. You have continued to use my name, quotes, pictures despite my request for you to stop

f. Now you are are somehow surprised or indignant that I have responded in the negative to your actions and your "service".

A couple "Oh by the ways":

1. It's not advertising as I have no financial stake in the modification of Gladius lights, whomever is modifying them.

2. When I shipped the my personal lights to Canada, they were packed exactly as you described in your email and the same information was provided on the paperwork sent with the shipment. But then again, you put that on the customer as you have done to others.

All: Get your mod done with whomever you desire. Absolutely no skin off of my nose whatsoever. A Gladius/Typhoon with a P4 is great piece of kit.
Gladius X1 has little or nothing to do with either invention.

My point is, as it as stated in the other independent thread, you are taking your chances with this particular modder with respect you may end up getting your mod done for almost twice the stated price.

Then again you might not.

Make sure you you package it right or anticipate some other unforeseen procedure.

Good for the people that did not get burned, bad for those that did.

Gladius X1: If you want to quote me, feel free to quote the following:

I do know this for a fact for US based customers:
No unforeseen shipping/custom charges (followed by: it's going to be your fault excuses) when a light is modded within the United States not to mention the associated warrantee issues.

Otherwise leave me out of your operation over there, be quiet and mod.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
you have no integrity and this is not the actions of a sane person .Nothing in this thread since your last ranting has warranted this insanity.

... snip ...

please stop posting .I have not used your name.its part of what you wrote.please stop this nonsense.stop lying .

GLADIUSX1 ... you are in violation of CPF rules as well as the rules of polite human interaction.
On CPF, one does not call another member names; nor does one tell another member what to do on the forums. Further more, ad hominem attacks like yours won't be tolerated either.

Please edit your posts accordingly and tone it down. Failure to comply will result in the removal of your posting privileges.

bernhard

P.S.: and please ... show some mercy and use non-bold fonts for normal text and capital letters only in the appropriate places. Thank you.

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
:twothumbs
New Update .shipping rate change for the better .instead of having one at $45.00 with no insurance you take your chances .the other was $65.00 full insurance.so I have come to a middle ground on both .no chance shipping .same as the $65.00 option .Now $45.00 full insurance for all light mod orders.
GLADIUSX1

Last edited:

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
I no longer use the PM system .please email all questions and inquires to my email
Thank You.

GLADIUSX1

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs
Got my Gladius back over the weekend. Even having read all the positive comments here, I'm still surprised at how well this mod turned out. It's easily the brightest single LED light I've owned, and none of the versatility was sacrificed. The lowest output is still just a fraction of an Arc AAA-P's. The Gladius is once again the light I reach for most around the house. Great job, Mike. Many thanks!

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I got my modded Gladius back yesterday. To make long things short:
  • Total light output (reflected light from ceiling) is about twice the output it was before.
  • Brightness has almost doubled, Lux@1m was around 2500 before, now it's around 4500.
  • Transition from hotspot to corona is now much smoother, makes the beam more useful for me.
  • Tint is much better than before, was blueish, now it looks like WO tint to me.
Overall: Mike has breathed new life in my Gladius, great job! :twothumbs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.