Glow Ring?

zmoz

Enlightened
Can someone explain to me what these are and where to get them? As far as I can tell it's a nuclear powered flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So they're illegal in the US? Is there any version that is legal? If not how illegal are they? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi zmoz,
glowring%20big.jpg

This are glowrings... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can read more about them on the manufacturers site.
Traser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
they are illegal in the us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

luckily, i found someone who would sell them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

anyway, they are tritum, a hydrogen isotope, and contain beta radiation.

the radiation is so week that it won't go through the vial, or even a sheet of paper or your skin.

the us liberals don't let "novelty" items containing tritium into the us. "useful" items such as watches and flashlights with tritium are ok.

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened
illegal in the way that heroin is illegal...or I could actually get one without too much trouble?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:[/
the us liberals don't let "novelty" items containing tritium into the us. "useful" items such as watches and flashlights with tritium are ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell, I'm a progressive (liberal,-and damn proud of it!) and can get you Glowrings.....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys..

I love them,, but have broken a Boatload of them.. They just don't seem to last me more than 6 months or so...

They are Frigging Awesome and wouldn't hesitate to buy more though..

ttyle

Eric...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sorry vcal, it just seems like the liberals are always the ones trying to limit things...

Darell

Flashaholic
I know a guy who's brother dates the sister of a house painter who's mother might know how to get some too.

If Lux can't fill the need, feel free to drop me an email. Please don't PM, I hate that stuff...

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
sorry vcal, it just seems like the liberals are always the ones trying to limit things...

[/ QUOTE ]
Not intending to wander off topic too much, but that's what happens with a steady diet of "talk radio"-my friend.... :winkie: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Easy guys!

Glowrings. I found out that another one of the 100 I bought had broken a short while ago. I believe that is eight within a year. I myself have broken on on my keys.

I intend to buy more soon. The guys at Traser are pretty cool. I got my UltraStinger from them too.

Al

Flotsam

Newly Enlightened
slightly off topic, but if you pry apart the case that holds the tritium vial, then place a small amount of clear silicone caulk at each end, it helps cushion the vial against breakage & also helps keep the case from separating. I did this to one of my orange ones - works great & minimally affects the appearance.

Merkava

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gifHi,

You can buy them here: here

Merkava