good places to buy 123A or 223A batteries

D

**DONOTDELETE**

hi, im new to this whole flashlight thing, i just picked up a SF M2, E1E, and an inova X5. now i need to find some place to get a good deal on 123A or 223A(to split up) batteries,
i know botach has good prices, but their service is horrible.
is cheapbatteries.com any better? they have great prices on their duracell 223As ($1 a peice, or $.50 per 123 cell)

if theyre are any other online stores with good prices and good service please let me know!
and if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it
smile.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I've had nothing but great service from Botach! Got 20 Toshiba 123's for $25.00 last week from them.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Like I asked you before roy, how did you get them for $25 when they are $29 on the website plus shipping? What did you pay for shipping as well?

-Matt

Chas

Newly Enlightened
This company has loads of neat things, but 123A batteries are at web page- 10 for $14.00. It's worth looking at. And Titanium money clips (I ordered two one for me and one for buddy's birthday gift).

Best Regards,

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Chas, great find ! Too bad they also charge $6 shipping for soemthing that could be shipped for under $2 but 10 123 lithiums for $20 aint bad...you have to wonder how legit these people are though with the spelling on the website
smile.gif

Roy

Zerox,

I know that the price is shown as $29.00, but when I checked out the price was $25.00! Could be because I also bought a flashlight ($29,00) at the same time. The shipping was $9.29 for 22 battries and one Scorpion (UPS Ground).

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Our dumb eBay auction of the day reads as follows:

"Used Lithium battery size CR123A, 3 volts. Still works but getting weak. Winning bidder add $1.00 for shipping"

and he's asking $5 for it!!!! LOL !!!!

mc

Newly Enlightened
Zerox,

You question their legitimacy because of misspelling batteries?

I have bought from them quite a few times.

They concentrate on supplying other companies with products to sell, including government contracts. See the dark green L1 light on the site, for example.

BTW, I did talk to the owner today, he now has a prototype Inova X5 with switch. He sounded quit excited about it, and they do have 200 on order.

I will say though, they could use some web site rework.

Oh, and I hope they are legit, and they do supply LE departments (like San Jose) with various items.

Cheers,
Mark

Darkstar

Newly Enlightened
The price from Botach was $25 because they are running a Memorial Day sale thru 5/27. Take 15% off any in stock items.And by the way they advertise them as being current.
This will be my first experience with these
guys so we'll see if they deliver.I took the opportunity to get a couple of other things
since shipping tends to negate seemingly
good prices when you order from multiple
stores.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Before you guys order from Botach do a search on them. You will find they are a gamble to do business with. Please do some research before you order from them. They fall under the category if it sounds to good to be true.....

Instead try ZREISS at 1-800-943-2000 X212 they sell Sanyo 123's cheaper than anyone.

Chas

Newly Enlightened
Zerox,

I agree on the shipping, but I got those titanium money clips and they are really out of this world so far as flex and lock tight on 1 bill to 50 single bills (all $1) (and the one bill AFTER holding the 50). I'll buy from them again, especially after the quick service I received from them. They may not spell right and website is a little funky, but damn they deliver the goods as they say they will - that sells me..............

Best Regards,

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roy:
I've had nothing but great service from Botach! Got 20 Toshiba 123's for $25.00 last week from them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roy must work at Botach. Why even take the chance to save a few bucks. You may save $50 but you'll get screwed for $100 later. It's not matter of if..it's when.

Roy

M6

Let's not get nasty now! I'm retired now, but when I did work, it wasn't for Botech! I worked at a nuclear power plant. Some would say that I don't need flashlights, that I glow in the dark already!
wink.gif

So far, I'm 3 for 3 with Botech...got everything I ordered and on time. You can badmouth Botech all you want, but please don't badmouth those that disagree with you!
Let's keep it polite!
smile.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy,
you have a good point there, regarding CPF etiquette. And your response is well mannered, Sir.

But honestly, Botach have a very very poor reputation on this board. I've heard so many horror stories (posted by experienced members) about their *non-service*, that I would never buy from there. They once ripped off Brock, for instance, and that's enough for me.

I'm sorry to say that a story of 3 successful transactions wouldn't convince me to change my mind. After all, they must get SOME orders processed without a problem !!

I think that in that context, Surefire M6 may have missed out a smiley or two in his post, to take any sting out of what he said about who you might have worked for.

But the rest of what Surefire M6 said, the advice, is valid I think.

Please, anyone, be careful about ordering from places with a well-known track record for appalling service and even "banditry" !!

lightlover
smile.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:

But honestly, Botach have a very very poor reputation on this board. I've heard so many horror stories (posted by experienced members) about their *non-service*, that I would never buy from there.
lightlover
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some CPF'rs have a saying, "I got Botached", when referring to a bad deal.
.Beware.

Big Tex

Enlightened
Roy, I've dealt with Botach numerous times and never had a problem, but some people haven't been so lucky. I never sweat the low $ stuff but if I wanted a high $ item, I'd call them and check availability rather than order on-line. Now and then, their prices are hard to beat.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
I think that in that context, Surefire M6 may have missed out a smiley or two in his post, to take any sting out of what he said about who you might have worked for.

But the rest of what Surefire M6 said, the advice, is valid I think.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. Didn't know people were that sensitive. Yes I meant it as a JOKE. And I apologize to Roy if offended. I have a bad habit of not "suger coating" my thoughts. Maybe a
smile.gif
would help in the future?

What I meant was, if you want to order from Botach because of their low prices that's fine. But if your warned that there are snakes in a basket and you still reach in there, you may get away with it a few times just don't complain when you get bit.

oh almost forgot...
smile.gif

Latest posts