Good way to start the day!

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I got tired of people going on and on about how much I payed for some of my knives and flashlights. I solved the problem by never telling them how much they cost. It's really none of their business. I don't ask them how much their designer clothes, golf clubs, etc. cost.

2dim

Enlightened
Alloy Addict said:
I got tired of people going on and on about how much I payed for some of my knives and flashlights. I solved the problem by never telling them how much they cost. It's really none of their business. I don't ask them how much their designer clothes, golf clubs, etc. cost.

Agreed, but what exactly to say? At first, they may seem genuinely interested...quick to share/help, I keep getting sucked in somehow. It's even worse when there's a group. Worst of all are those I've known awhile and consider 'friends', since my defences tend to be down. Now I'm reluctant to show new lights at all...too many unenlightened, eager to provr their ignorance. Sorry for turning this positive thread so negative...

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
2dim,
It really depends on who I'm talking to. Sometimes I'll just tell them I don't want to say. Other times I might say, "More than most people would want to." If people keep asking I just keep repeating what I already told them. I'm pretty stubborn, so if I decide I don't want to discuss it, it probably won't get discussed.:grin2:

The Porcupine

Enlightened
The few times someone has made a negative comment on the price of my lights, knives, whatever, I have simply told them they oughta be happy I paid for it with my own money! Usually shuts them up! Just remembered an incident where a guy was looking at my Jens Ansø Rebel folder and telling me how nuts I was to pay close to $400 for a folding knife.
He just told me he paid around $1000,- for four new tyres and they'd usually only last him a summer!
I smiled and said; "You know, this knife will probably still be beautiful, mine and in use when your tenth set of tyres are worn down and you are worrying about how to get another set!"
Well, he didn't really wanna talk to me after that, but hey.....that's a good thing!
:lolsign: