Got Jet 3 Military today, pics

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Mod! I wonder if that is still covered under warranty? :crackup:
Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

:) i didn't mod it, it came in stock.
I was surprise myself.I got the JB ST last month but after using it for 2 weeks my brother snatch it from it was love at first sight for him,the JB ST also came with SMO reflector + warm tint.The Jb ST & JB-M lens is so crystal clear that i don't have a heart to open and explore the lens because i hate dust.
I got it form a local dealer here.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
:) i didn't mod it, it came in stock.
I was surprise myself.I got the JB ST last month but after using it for 2 weeks my brother snatch it from it was love at first sight for him,the JB ST also came with SMO reflector + warm tint.The Jb ST & JB-M lens is so crystal clear that i don't have a heart to open and explore the lens because i hate dust.
I got it form a local dealer here.

Oh...I misunderstood your post. Hopefully soon they will be an option!

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Jackyl

Enlightened
Got mine today. The anodizing is great, love the color too. Overall quality seems to be just shy of Surefire, which is great for the price. The LED tint is MUCH more white than my brand new Malkoff M60, but the M60 blows it away otherwise. I'm not buyin' the 225 lumen rating. It does seem to be about 1/4" longer than spec'd though, unless my math is wrong. The CR123 batteries seem to "flop" around inside the body until the tail is screwed down. Had I been more familiar with 18650 batteries, I might have seen it coming. I guess they are quite a bit larger diameter than primaries though. The tailcap threads aren't at all rough, but the smooth part that ends up just past the o-ring when tightened down is either out of round or has a burr because it has worn the anodizing off in front of the o-ring. It has smoothed out some however...just not too happy about the silver ring I now have that is actually wider than the o-ring channel by a good bit. The head is fine at max, though it doesn't seem as bright as my P3D / PD30's, but at any brightness level under max it whines something fearice. Maybe this is normal and I just haven't had my hands on enough lights yet. Only other complaint is the o-ring under the SS bezel is "pinched" in one area and I can't correct it without spending another $8 plus shipping for the tool.

Note: The pocket clip is really brittle up near the bezel where it slides in. I gently pulled out on it just enough to get some needle nose pliers on it to force it out with the head off, and it snapped with ease. I tapped the rest out with a small flat head and small brass hammer. No big deal because I don't have any use for a clip, especially on a light of this size, but I wouldn't trust it if I had intended on using it. We'll see if it grows on me any more tonight. I'll post some pics too.

Last edited:

Jackyl

Enlightened
Oh yeah, the IBS is suppose to blink once at min, twice at 50%, and 3 times at max. Mine does not. I've tried repeatedly in a pitch black closet and all I can get it to do is flash twice when it first starts to output anything at all, then it pauses and ramps up fairly quickly.

Actual length is 5 7/16" where I was thinking just shy of 5 1/8". It's about 1/8" longer than my SF 6PD (Defender bezel) with Z59 clickie. Since I don't think it was ever answered...yes, it is still "anti-roll" without the clip. Here are the pics...let me know if they don't work.

http://photobucket.com/Jet-IIIM

I'd exchange it, but the way my luck has been going with flashlights lately, I'd be another week or two without and the new one would have the same issue. Also, I don't think anyone would want it back with a broken clip and deeply worn ano. The anodizing wear is ugly, but I guess it won't hurt anything.

Last edited:

Jackyl

Enlightened
No issues with yours at all? Either I'm far too picky, or I'm cursed this month.

faucon

Enlightened
No issues with yours at all? Either I'm far too picky, or I'm cursed this month.
I think you may have gotten a light with some defects. Mine has flawless anodizing and the IBS seems to work as it should. I have no objective way to measure the Jet III-M's brightness on high, but I can easily believe that it's twice as bright as my Surefire U2 (which of course is still a great light IMO).

Jackyl

Enlightened
It's not that the IBS doesn't work, I'm just not seeing the brightness indicators. No big deal really, just wondered if it was "normal".

4Pigs

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a white tint and functioning well. Throw is similar to my SF E2DL....but the JB comes with more usefull spill.

Jackyl

Enlightened
I'm getting a replacement for my Jet-III M so I decided to give it another chance. I've gotten a lot more use to the size around the house and the runtime will be a huge plus. I tossed a new set of CR's in it and put it up against a co-worker's NiteCore NEX. The NEX is rated at 190 lumen and the "M" at 225. Let's just say I don't doubt the output rating anymore. Decided it would only be fair to dunk this one too, so I dropped it in the Devo hat (thanks EngrPaul ;)) with about 5" of water for 15 min. on low...turned it on / off several times. Of course, all is good. Was able to fix the pinched o-ring too.

Note: Max mode on (2) CR123 primaries @ 2.8v each is a LOT more dim than on a fresh set @ 3.25v.

Pics: http://photobucket.com/Jet-IIIM

Last edited:

fineday

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I also don't believe what Jetbeam said that this thing would be as bright as 225 lumens, while the LED works at 850mA. So I think this rating may be the Cree's LED brightness rate for they had used a Q5, not the real torch's brightness.

But that's not a big problem to me, anyway I think it is already bright enough, in this case, lower current means longer run time, that's more useful.

pobox1475

Enlightened
I really want one of these III series lights with the Q3 5A (warm tint) and hybrid (smooth & OP) reflector. Either an M or Pro Ultra. I have an brand new AW protected 18650 that I plan to use. Which model is the better all around choice for an emergency light that will also see outdoor activity duty?

154CM

Newly Enlightened
Heres a pic of the lens.

5-1.jpg

Last edited:

JKPinPDX

Newly Enlightened
Sexy...

Jetbeam_Jetcrenbezel1.jpg

Flavio
BugOutGearUSA.com

Hey Flavio, I just ordered this EXACT flashlight/bezel combo from you... so my question is do you have a "SEXY" case to match this.... WITH THE BEZEL ON????? Does Jetbeam make one that would fit (again with the Bezel ON)?

If so, could you send me a pic, and since we are still waiting on my order to come in, maybe we could ADD it to my order when my light comes in.

Let me know!

pobox1475

Enlightened
JKPinPDX, a Maxpedition 5" tube holster should work nicely for it. Flavio is a Maxi dealer and will be able to set you up.