H11 Daytime Running Lights

fastgun

Enlightened
Hello, for a Chevy Traverse that uses the lowbeam as a DRL what do you recommend for an H11 bulb?

I like the Osram Nightbreaker series but I wonder if the DRL feature will harm the bulb.
This will be a vehicle my daughter uses and she is not wanting to replace the low beam herslf since you have to go inside the tire wheelwell.

Any bright--longlife recommendations? At least brighter than a standard H11??

Thank you

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, for a Chevy Traverse that uses the lowbeam as a DRL what do you recommend for an H11 bulb?

You might be able to swap in an H9 for the H11 and stay within the constraints of the DRL maximum output. The H9 will have a shorter lifespan, though.

You can eliminate unnecessary wear on the low beam filaments by moving the DRL function to the turn signals with the DRL-1, and then upgrade the headlamps with the H9.

As far as both *long life* and *excellent performance*, they can be mutually exclusive. Any of the high-performance H11s will have shorter life than the standard ones. Maybe a "long life" H9 would be a better choice, but that could be a wash. Where's -Virgil- when we need him?

fastgun

Enlightened
I looked at the DRL-1....Thank you.
That would be better than using up a headlight bulbs useable lifespan. But, that still burns a turn signal bulb that is hard to replace. Sure wish Chevy would have gone to a separate DRL. Sure wish Chevy made the bulbs easier to get to.......gotta do the best you can with the tools you have.

fastgun

Enlightened
I got excited reading about the H9 bulb. A standard H9 is very bright and has pretty good life ratings...however.
It seems that many people recommend the H9 bulb to NOT be used in a H11 reflector. They do quite well in a projector headlight.
The Traverse is just a plain ole reflector headlight.

So I still would appreciate input into a good bulb to use for the H11 lowbeam that doubles as a daytime running light.

Thank you.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Traverse is just a plain ole reflector headlight.
Ok, then the H9 isn't for you. The best H11 is the Philips H11 X-Treme Vision.

I still would appreciate input into a good bulb to use for the H11 lowbeam that doubles as a daytime running light.
The X-Treme Vision has a shorter life than standard H11s; the DRL-1 is going to be the best option have functional DRLs and preserve headlamp life.