• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ******** H22A Heatsinks ********

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipped.

- brianbucar
- Moonf8ce - Paypal received but you did not make it for this week shipment. Your order will be shipped on Dec 8.

Thanks,
Setapong

Next Shipment Dec 8

arch2cad

Newly Enlightened
What are the dimensions of the DHS and P7 flattop heatsinks? I ask because I am hoping that one of these will work in my knock-off mag flashlights!
Looking for:
-overall height (top of lip to the base)
-from top of the pedestal to top of the lip
-diameter of base that fits inside the light tube

brianbucar

Newly Enlightened
I got mine today, thanks!

I have a question though... Im wondering if i made a mistake or something. I cut the "cam" off of the reflector without damaging it and i also cut the original led pedestal off of the switch module and started modding the switch too.

popped the heatsink in.... wonderful! nice snug fit. :) a little heatsink paste and it will be perfect.

then i screwed the head and reflector back on. here is where the question comes in.

the "post" where the LED is to mount sits considerably below the hole in the reflector when the head screws on and bottoms out against the reflector. the "post" also appears to be larger than the hole in the reflector too so even if it could sit up high enough to poke through the hole some, it wouldnt fit.

the light part number starts with "DL" but has a CREE LED.

did i order the wrong part or does it sit this low when at the optimal focus for good throw or something like that?

thanks

Brian

simplec6

Enlightened
I got mine today, thanks!

I have a question though... Im wondering if i made a mistake or something. I cut the "cam" off of the reflector without damaging it and i also cut the original led pedestal off of the switch module and started modding the switch too.

popped the heatsink in.... wonderful! nice snug fit. :) a little heatsink paste and it will be perfect.

then i screwed the head and reflector back on. here is where the question comes in.

the "post" where the LED is to mount sits considerably below the hole in the reflector when the head screws on and bottoms out against the reflector. the "post" also appears to be larger than the hole in the reflector too so even if it could sit up high enough to poke through the hole some, it wouldnt fit.

the light part number starts with "DL" but has a CREE LED.

did i order the wrong part or does it sit this low when at the optimal focus for good throw or something like that?

thanks

Brian

Hey man, look at post 450 in this thread. If it looks like that, the focus will be good.

MosesM

Newly Enlightened
I ran into the same issue with the stock rebel reflector not being able to sit low enough to reach a good focal point. The reflector was bottoming out on the heatsink lip so I resorted to grinding down the inner lip of my rebel heatsink for the reflector to sit lower.

Hamburger

Newly Enlightened
I am a little confused about the rebel heatsink. Do I need this heatsink when I bought a Maglite that is already coming with an LED ? Or why is it the new rebel sink ?

Maybe someone can tell me which sinks I need. Both of the Maglites I'm trying to mod have a D as the first serial number.

Figured it out what was meant ;)

Last edited:

arch2cad

Newly Enlightened
payment sent....
3 x Rebel Heatsink for Cree XM-L, "D" size
3 x P7 Flat Top "D" size
Registered mail
From CPF: arch2cad

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a little confused about the rebel heatsink. Do I need this heatsink when I bought a Maglite that is already coming with an LED ? Or why is it the new rebel sink ?

Maybe someone can tell me which sinks I need. Both of the Maglites I'm trying to mod have a D as the first serial number.

Figured it out what was meant ;)

If you are happy with Mag LED, then there is no need to mod it. Rebel heatsink enable you to discard OEM LED and replace it with much brighter Cree XM-L.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipped.

- Moonf8ce
- arch2cad
- Hamburger

Thanks,
Setapong

I'm out of DHS D flat top. ETA end of Jan

Next Shipment Jan 5, 2013

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
H22A, will your rebel heastinks work with the older none rebel maglites?

Yes, it will fit in the body, but will not focus correctly, unless you are working on project that require deeper heatsink.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipped.

- nickelflipper
- Nightwatchman
- rayman
- Admiralgrey

Thanks,
Setapong

Next Shipment Jan 12