H51 timing

wentworth

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
I've been using and enjoying my Zebralight H51 for a few months now. Great beam, similar to the Gerber infinity beam, which I've always thought was perfect.

I've noticed that with my H51 I have to get the timing perfect when turning it on to low. A fraction too long and it goes straight to high. Is this normal?
I did scan the other H51, 15 page threads but couldn't find an answer to this one.
Thanks in advance!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be trying too hard, or something might be wonky with your light.
On mine if I hold down what I think is Right At .5 sec then I might let off too soon and go straight to high.
But if I just hold down the button and watch for light, my H51Fc will invariably come on low and start cycling through med and then high, so just holding it down too long is pretty much fail safe so long as I'm watching the light.

From off:
hold .5+ sec = on low
hold down = cycle from low
two quick clicks = flash of high immediately followed by medium
click (or hold <.5 sec)= flash of low immediately followed by high.

hope your light is ok.

Last edited:

wentworth

Newly Enlightened
Whoops, I meant to write that if I don't hold it down for quite long enough then it flicks from low to high. My mistake. It looks like the headlamp is fine after all. Thanks for the help

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
Yeah the timing is something many here have complained about. The quick click could be tightened up some, and perhaps the click hold for cycling lenghtened some, to sort of open up the window for the click hold for just low. I dont really have any problem with it the timing the way it is now, I think since I purchased the light in summer I have let go too quickly maybe 2 or 3 times and got high instead of low, thats out of probably 100+ times doing it, so no big deal to me. Probably just wasnt really paying attention to what I was doing.