Has anyone had a warranty claim with Imalent?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
If so, how did it go. I've purchased 3 of their lights, and like them very well. When I've ordered lights, they arrive quickly. When I've made inquiries to the website, I get a quick answer.

Warranty claim? Different story. The rep I was emailing with was rude. My MS03, a smaller light, experienced a failure that they are known for - which is only coming on in turbo mode, and no other functions. They implied that it was somehow my fault.

I contacted them in early Feb., sent the light back, they received it quickly, and determined it was the mother board, and that I would be sent a new one. Now, here in mid June, I'm still waiting. I inquired about it in April, and never got a reply.

I just inquired again, and will see what happens. I'm ready to turn them into the US BBB. I had been wanting an MS-18, but spending $600+ with this company at this point will likely not happen. Pretty bad business for them to lose a repeat customer over a $100 replacement, but glad to find out now. So, BEWARE.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a warranty claim with them, and how it went.

LaGgY_42o

Newly Enlightened
Its been a month tomorrow I sent off my SR32 head+handle+box because of burnt LED's, it should be arriving back before the weekend.

It took no time for them to receive it, but over 2 weeks for them to ship a replacement. I feel it was only because I tried to post on their FB page (which they didn't approve) regarding the issue, pointing out that their website states replacements are shipped within 2 weeks. I also bugged the admin of the FB group, who is a Manager at Imalent, as well as any other avenue, such as email. They seem to take their time, and we shall see if they indeed shipped everything back, and if the LED's don't burn up again lol. It was a pain to go through but they did end up shipping a replacement. Just keep pestering them, they do not answer on the weekend's.

Edit: The email to the FB admin is a gmail account, obviously don't share any sensitive info since its not an imalent.com email, but he may be able to help you: [email protected]

boo5ted

Enlightened
I had a LD70 that had the lcd screen stop working, contacted Imalent and they never responded to multiple emails. Slowly forgot about the light and a few months later I recieved an email saying they wouldn't warranty or even bother to inspect because I wasn't the original owner. I recieved the light as a gift from a family member and contacted them about it. They told me they purchased it from Amazon and to send it to him so he could return it through Amazon. They took it back and sent out a new one out within a week. Once I recieved the new one I sold it off and never thought of Imalent again.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imalent. Sounds like some sort of an adjective to me, but don't know what it means. From the way this is reading, I don't think I want to find out.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Thanks folks, and thanks for that email address.

Yes, I have a Malkoff Hound Dog, and Gene is the best. I've had dealings with Maglite, as I'm a Maglite collector, and they've been great.

And you know who else is STELLAR? Fenix. They replaced an old discontinued model that was long out of warranty. I told them I'd pay for the repair, but they sent me the a new model which replaced the one I had, free of charge. Fenix even credited me for a light that I returned that had gotten lost in the mail, and I had even lost my receipt and tracking number. I was disappointed about it, and they said since had been a steady repeat customer, no problem. THAT is some dang good customer service, in my opinion.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I really wish more of the other manufacturers would start making some medium to large lights. Not necessarily like the overly large 100K lumen MS18, but small enough to be convenient to carry.

Like my Imalent MS06 - a little smaller than a beer can and 25,000 lumens of flood light. The MS03 - palm sized and 13,000 lumens. There just doesn't seem to be much over 10K lumens out there. I think there's a market for them.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Just wanted to update. I FINALLY got my MS03 replacement. I started posting negative comments on their facebook page (and I wasn't the only one). I messaged them through Facebook, and emailed that address provided above. Finally got a reply and finally got the light shipped out. It's just ridiculous that a customer who pays big dollars for a product should have to hound the company to honor their warranty. I like big lights, but it is highly unlikely that I will make another purchase from them, especially a high dollar one. I wish some other companies would jump on the bandwagon with some mega-bright lights. We have the technology, the battery power, and IMO, a desire for them.

Last edited:

Siriuslite

Newly Enlightened
There's an old thread about how bad the after service care is with them (from many years ago). I had to pull the "I'm going to post this on CPF" before they relented and replaced a light that was only months old that I'd sent back to them. Never again