Has anyone washed there EDC light in the Washing Machine?

ncgrass

Enlightened
This would be a great Elzetta torture test.

Yessssss!!

Not sure it would be worth your time... They're overbuilt those things. My ld09 survived an industrial wash and dryer cycle. I'm guessing elzetta's will be totally fine.

But it's kinda fun torture testing so do it anyway!

Flashy808

Enlightened
Oh wow all these stories and I thought that poor little tube going through the washer was a big case...:)

Good thread though.

Edit: Oh I have never had the pleasure of being able to wash my lights in the washer because I can't spare any :)!

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
lights thru washing cycle. yes. several. its almost like: if it havent gone thru the washingmachine atleast once by accident it really has not been my edc or user light. :)

the ones i remember outright: Quark Taa. Few itp Eos. preon2 (i think 2 out of 4 have been there) Lummi Raw (few times as it was in my car keychain), DQG hobi and spy (same thing.. car keys or house keys), zebralight (h501 and sc52, probably atleast one more zebralight too.), fenix tk11, shiningbeam Lmini2.

they all worked after the washing cycle. (most often only 40c temperature water)

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mini MagLights, too many to count, none worked after the cycle.

DQG Spy, once, made it to the dryer where it made all kinds of racket. It survived because of me lubing the o-ring religiously.

Surefire 6P into the washer when I asked where my works pants were? Oh I put them in the wash. No leaks.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one that keeps surprising me is the Photon Freedom... not nearly waterproof (IPX4 at best), yet it comes out of the dryer in functioning order. Even came out ON, still inside my pant pocket once, else I might have lost it in the clothes basket again the same day.
Well, the real question is, who here has accidently ironed their EDC ? :touche:

Actually, it happened to me. The light (Q123 tactical) was still in a cargo pant pocket and I wanted to iron the flap to keep it from opening up when I walk. I immediately felt something was keeping me from moving the iron and took it out. It then rolled right under the iron, now in direct contact. The iron touched it for maybe a half second so it wasn't even hot. I gave it a sermon about not sabotaging my efforts to iron my pants and put it on the counter instead.

mrg23

Newly Enlightened
My maratec aa has been washed and dryed twice and works fine. My wifes maratac aa was not so lucky, I think she had the head backed off too far.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
My maratec aa has been washed and dryed twice and works fine. My wifes maratac aa was not so lucky, I think she had the head backed off too far.

My Maratac AAA has gone through a washing and part of a drying-- it made quite a racket in the dryer but I heard not a peep from the washing machine. My Olight S10 has been washed and put INTO the dryer-- the first clunk after the throwing the wad of wet clothes into the dryer spared it any heating action. Both went through without issue.

I also had a USB 3.0 flash drive that got washed and dried-- drive went through just fine despite all that issue. Whew!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never accidentally washed my EDC light.

Good thing too as most of my EDC lights are modded and aren't waterproof.

saypat

Enlightened
I had an Apple MP3 player go thru the wash, bummer. I remembered a story about a photographer whose DSLR camera fell into the ocean :laughing: Take it out of salt water, put it into a bucket of freshwater. Do not turn it on!!! After it has been in fresh water for a while you need to get it DRY! He tied it to his windshield wipers and went for a drive in the sun. Get it dry. I took a hair dryer to my MP3 player. I let it dry out for 2 days. Charged it up, turned it on, and it works great! Amazing.