Have Emerson lost the plot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

strideredc

Enlightened
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Materials:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Specifications:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Handles[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black G-10 epoxy / glass laminate [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lock[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aerospace grade Titanium[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blade[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]154 CM[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finish[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black Finish[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grind[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Conventional V Grind[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Overall Length[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9.5[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blade Length[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.0[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blade Thickness[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].125 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hardness[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]57-59 RC[/FONT]
Still not clear enough! Why doesn't they/he just make it totally clear about the change and what they are using for what.

People are STILL missing the whole point of this and if you don't like the thread, you know what??? Don't read it!

The really funny thing is I had a ton of PM's about this and do you know what they all agreed but most didn't want to voice there opinions here and especially on another three word named forum!!!

It seems one of the many great things about CPF and sasha is the freedom to discuss things, this would not be allowed on most other 'forums' I use that word loosely as they are more dictatorships than forums!

Back to the topic!

I think liar is a strong word!
In this case I would call it very very misleading… actually? Misleading to make a profit, yep… Liar!

Redled, this will make you laugh! I read this on another forum…''

I think the USN comment is the worst part of the whole thing. mhammitt is right, if posted thoughtfully and logically I don't think anyone would have a problem with constructive criticism of a product.''

'' As usual there are mostly drama queens on the other forums.

That's why I like it here. No drama.

Ernest is a great guy. No doubt about that. Why should I even read what those morons write about him.''

Last edited:

strideredc

Enlightened
Nitpicking over materials is something for collectors, not users...[/quote]

RUBBISH! :duh2:
That's not nitpicking as you call it! There are 5 main parts to the emerson knife (excluding screws) so 20% of it has changed!!!

strideredc

Enlightened
Spalding I agree 100%

The top of the tactical knife business is controlled by a con man, and an Ex-con.

No spalding you are wrong!!! I know ''him'' and he really, really, really is a stand up guy because he's in the ''brotherhood''! And he shook my hand!!! WOW!:sick2::sick2::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Most of these knife makers are laughing all the way to the bank (emerson and strider).

$400 for a folder that a custom maker would make 1,000,000 times better for $150 more…oh, $150 for an emerson that has paper thin Ti liners, sorry one Ti liner:crackup:

Yes, I am one of those idiots :sick: that brought one and I like it, but they are crap!
and yes i am mad, so my girlfriend keeps telling me for paying $400+ for knives

p.s. what junior serviceman can afford that sort of money for a knife. its a bit of an insult to even target them, dont you think:poke:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Materials:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Specifications:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Handles[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black G-10 epoxy / glass laminate [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lock[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aerospace grade Titanium[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blade[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]154 CM[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finish[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black Finish[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grind[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Conventional V Grind[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Overall Length[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9.5[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blade Length[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.0[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blade Thickness[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].125 [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hardness[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]57-59 RC[/FONT]
Still not clear enough! Why doesn't they/he just make it totally clear about the change and what they are using for what.

People are STILL missing the whole point of this and if you don't like the thread, you know what??? Don't read it!

The really funny thing is I had a ton of PM's about this and do you know what they all agreed but most didn't want to voice there opinions here and especially on another three word named forum!!!

It seems one of the many great things about CPF and sasha is the freedom to discuss things, this would not be allowed on most other 'forums' I use that word loosely as they are more dictatorships than forums!

Back to the topic!

I think liar is a strong word!
In this case I would call it very very misleading… actually? Misleading to make a profit, yep… Liar!

Redled, this will make you laugh! I read this on another forum…''

I think the USN comment is the worst part of the whole thing. mhammitt is right, if posted thoughtfully and logically I don't think anyone would have a problem with constructive criticism of a product.''

'' As usual there are mostly drama queens on the other forums.

That's why I like it here. No drama.

Ernest is a great guy. No doubt about that. Why should I even read what those morons write about him.''

I agree the lock thing is misleading. What are they thinking?

You know the Emerson Knives have been cheapend and corners cut since 1999.

1. Thiner liners

2. No swedge

3. G 10 scales not as round, and thinner

4. Pivot not sunk in scales

5. And now...Steel non lock side liner

6. Locks are sticky, and action is stiff, and gritty out of the box

7. Poor quality control

8. Fit and finish are marginal

I am finished buying Emerson Knives. A Strider is a much better value. A fun, strong knife with new modrn features that were not around 14 years ago when Emerson first released the CQC-7 produced by Benchmade. Also, a Chris Reeve is a wonderful up to date design. I am still mad at Mick for all the lies, and the fact he is an Ex-Con. However, he does make a better knife than the new Emerson Knives.

Emersons to me are out dated. Also, how come Chris Reeve, and Mick Strider have not made a big deal about the price of titanium? there is nothing strange about a price increase, things do go up in price due to various production costs, and labor.

Cutting corners, and cheapening up a once first rate product to me is not a good idea with the level of competition in the present day knife industry.

NOTE TO ALL USN MEMBERS: YOUR IDOL IS A LIAR!

I was banned at USN for asking a question. That place has a cult like mentality.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
No spalding you are wrong!!! I know ''him'' and he really, really, really is a stand up guy because he's in the ''brotherhood''! And he shook my hand!!! WOW!:sick2::sick2::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Most of these knife makers are laughing all the way to the bank (emerson and strider).

$400 for a folder that a custom maker would make 1,000,000 times better for $150 more…oh, $150 for an emerson that has paper thin Ti liners, sorry one Ti liner:crackup:

Yes, I am one of those idiots :sick: that brought one and I like it, but they are crap!
and yes i am mad, so my girlfriend keeps telling me for paying $400+ for knives

p.s. what junior serviceman can afford that sort of money for a knife. its a bit of an insult to even target them, dont you think:poke:

I agree, you can find great quality for just a little more. It bugs me that I can afford to buy the best, and Emerson wants to reduce the quality to junk knife levels so some "Hero" can buy it. What happend to people saving up a little to buy the best product made.

Hey, I shook EE's hand...does that mean he is my friend? WOW! What an honor to be friends with such an honorable, and distinguished person!

If Emerson is such an honorable person, and it was an honor for me to meet him, does that make me honorable as well? Was it an honor for him to have met me? If so, that is that another honor for me? Well then, I will feel honored for the honor of it being an honor for him to have met me, and we will both be honored to have met each other!!! What an honor! Hey, we are both honorable...this is yet another honor!

Last edited:

Spalding

Newly Enlightened
The only thing that every USN member has to agree on is that discussions should be held with honor and decency. You are free to disagree on just about any subject; you just can't go into an Emerson-funded subforum and say, "Ernie Emerson uses cheap Chinese screws, and is cheating HEROES, blah blah blah!" Using tact and being polite go a long way.

Anyway, I think this discussion has gone on long enough for everyone to see who is actually interested in the truth, and who simply has an axe to grind for getting kicked out of an internet forum.

EDITED:

Been thinking a few minutes more, and just wanted to add something about the USN. I think sometimes forget how the USN started, and have faulty expectations about what it should be. The USN began as a place for a group of Emerson fans to congregate. It was never intended to be a free-for-all like Bladeforums. For a few different reasons, it has grown exponentially, but the increase in size ultimately doesn't change it's purpose -- it's a place for like-minded individuals to chat about knives and just about anything else.

For myself, I'm not a huge Emerson or Strider guy. I don't own any Emersons and the only Strider I keep has sentimental value to me (it was given to me during a difficult financial period when I sold all my custom knives). I prefer custom makers like Rick Hinderer, Mike Obenauf, Patrick Nihiser, and my new favorite Bob Dozier. But your favorite knife isn't really the point of the USN; it's the community, people who enter discussions with respect for the other participants, who are more interested in being constructive instead of destructive.

And yes, I support Mick Strider. People say he's a fake; I say that he trains with Army Rangers. That means either the Rangers are okay with who Mick says he is, or the Rangers a shitty judges of character. You pick which you think is more likely.

I am baffled by your support of Mick Strider. What do you mean by that? He made up his military record as did his partner Dwyer. He was dishonorably discharged from the military (that's humiliating to most people) and was never, as he claimed, in the special/black/secret ops. Not ever. He never worked with "hard hitters" either except perhaps in the prison play yard.

Look, I wanted to support Mick and Dwyane too but when I learned the truth about them I became sad and disillusioned that anyone of such low character would pose as a hero. How embarrassing to our servicemen!

As to your assertion that some of us are being harsh (me included, I know) when referring to Mickey Ray Berger I must remind you none of this news would be common knowledge were it not for Berger's vicious and defamatory writings on Bladeforums for which he was taken to court. He lost that one and the rest is history as the settlement required him to come clean publicly about his past. What I'm doing here is simply reciting the truth about him.

I'm not surprised Berger served time for car theft. That's nothing extraordinary these days and people are convicted of armed robbery all the time but most of them would never have the nerve to claim, as Berger did, that they committed a crime against another as part of a secret ops project in which he was "TASKED" to "acquire" a car for a secret mission - In California? If you think five years for armed robbery is a long time to serve in prison imagine the time you'd serve if you gave a subordinate an order to steal some guy's car - at gunpoint.

There's a dozen more examples I could quote here regarding Mick Berger's behavior but I'll stop here. You can refer to DocArnie's post for links to the information.

We probably think alike in one way though - We don't have any heroes to admire and look up to these days so we tend to make up our own. Since John Wayne and Roy Rogers left us all we have is 50 Cent, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan. What sort of heroes are they? I too miss the old days but I'll never substitute a con man for a true hero.

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
FYI... this forum is called CandlePowerForums (CPF)... NOT BladeForums or USN or anything else! THIS forum has rules. THIS forum is moderated so that it can remain the comfortable, friendly, FAMILY type community that we all love and enjoy and that attracted most of you to begin with. The behavior displayed in this thread WILL NOT be tolerated here on CandlePoweForums. If you want to treat each other with this kind of disrespect and disprespect the rest of the community as well, then by all means... take it to one of those other forums... it is NOT welcome here.

This thread is now closed. Any future occurances of this kind of behavior from any of you will be met with some time off from this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts