Head lamp for running

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
do you wear like a hat or some other kind of padding under the Niteize? the Niteize itself doesn't provide any padding and when you put a flashlight in it, the strap conforms to the shape of the flashlight, so when used as a Zebra holder, you end up with a hard convex edge pressing into your forehead. it's not comfortable without some kind of padding underneath, it kind of hurts actually, and was wondering what you used.
I havent had any comfort issues with the nite-ize. But I also dont find the zl headband uncomfortable yet many do. I do know what you mean about is slightly comforming to the round shape, but mine still leaves slight marks across my head where the edge of the strap is so it must not be comforming enough that the center protrudes into my head any more than the edges...

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
So D
do you wear like a hat or some other kind of padding under the Niteize? the Niteize itself doesn't provide any padding and when you put a flashlight in it, the strap conforms to the shape of the flashlight, so when used as a Zebra holder, you end up with a hard convex edge pressing into your forehead. it's not comfortable without some kind of padding underneath, it kind of hurts actually, and was wondering what you used.

I don't wear anything under it. To me it's comfortable without anything. Constriction type headbands give me headaches after a while. I do wear the NitIze headband as high as I can on my head and I don't sinch it down very tight. Just tight enough to not move around. It does leave a bit of a dent at my hair-line, and since I'm a bald dude it is visible for a little while. To me though it is as comfortable as a hat.

Festivus

Newly Enlightened
outdoorsman5,

I want to thank you for your suggestions. I bought my bro a h51W and a nightize band for Christmas.

I tried it out briefly tonight... works very nice and I am sure he'll be pleased.

He runs quite a bit and with it being dark early, he needs it.

Once again, thanks and happy holidays.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Festivus,

Your brother will love it. I feel these zebras are among the very best headlights around, and for running they're perfect combined with the NiteIze headband.
Enjoy, and Merry Christmas.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
outdoorsman5,

I want to thank you for your suggestions. I bought my bro a h51W and a nightize band for Christmas.

I tried it out briefly tonight... works very nice and I am sure he'll be pleased.

He runs quite a bit and with it being dark early, he needs it.

Once again, thanks and happy holidays.

Hey Festivus, what'd your brother think of the zebralight?