Help choosing light

rlb4

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the flashlight world and would like to get my first light. After doing alot of reading on the forums I think I know what I want. I'll be using the light around the house for your typical homeowner uses. The light should have the following criteria:
1. 2xAA I'll be using AA Eneloops.
2. Multimode
3. Biased towards spill/flood vs. throw
4. Good runtimes.
5. Max output >100-150 lumen
6. Cost no more than about $65
The lights that I had in mind were the Quark 2AA neutral white, Fenix LD20 and the Romisen RC-N3 II. My top choice is the Quark because it seems like it has the widest beam with alot of spill. I also really like the neutral white of the Q3 5A emitter, as seen in Wiggle's tests. So is the Quark the right choice or are there any other lights that are better suited for my needs? Thanks in advance.

duboost

Enlightened
I definitely like the quark. On max, it gives out more than enough light for everyday tasks. The low low is great for navigating around the house in the middle of the night and the long run time is handy in case of a power outage. Not to mention the other useful modes in between. Plus the ability of the non tactical version to tailstand is nice for hands free light as well when working or again during a power outage as a lantern. The quark is a nice versatile light

rlb4

Newly Enlightened
Thanks duboost. I'm really leaning towards the Quark 2xAA. Anyone else have any advice? I was also thinking about getting a Romisen RC-N3 II as a low cost 2nd light to keep in the car. Any thoughts?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My advise...get the 123x2 Quark warm white (might be the only chance to get these and this is the best head (drops down to moon mode at 3 volts) for li-ion batts). Later, when you have more $$ add a 1 AA body, a 17670 batt, 14500 batt and a 139 charger.

It might be a little to pricey. $70 (light) $20 (AA body) $25 (batts) $20 (charger)...so $135 minus whatever the CPF discount is.

But you would be more/less set for now and the future...for example you may want to add on a 47`s MC-E light and 18650 batt...you will already have the charger...

rlb4

Newly Enlightened
Update. I ordered the Quark 2xAA Neutral White. I think for me this had the best features. What is this CPF discount? I didn't know about that when I ordered. I think I am going to get the Romisen RC-N3 II as a low cost extra light. I'm also going to need more Eneloops. Man, this hobby is getting expensive.