Help finding 1xAA or 1xAAA LED dive light

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not aware of what lights out there that accommodate AA and AAA and will hold up at those depths. But if you are willing to use NiMH output should become much better. There is a driver available that can provide 800ma to the led off of a single NiMH cell (Keep in mind that it must draw 2000+ma from the battery to do this). It is now sold as Deal extreme SKU 7880, but it was once known as the RV7 driver. It was made buy a guy here on the forums, RV7. As far as I know it's probably the best driver available for 1xNiMH. It can also be modified for a single mode, I think I've got an old thread link somewhere.
I guess 14500 and would work as well with the right driver.

Last edited:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK Summer is over

Did 9 speed get a free light with no feedback or review?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I sent him a light and was under the impression he would give it a "work out" and report back. He expressed interest in possibly buying a second one to keep but I suggested he evaluate the loaner first. I got a communication from him that he had given it a try but would get back to me later. I think I sent him one follow up query with no response. :shrug:

EDIT: With a total of 6 posts, all in this thread, it doesn't seem 9Speed has continued to be active on this forum. Hopefully all is well with him and simply no interest in follow through.

Last edited:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent him a light and was under the impression he would give it a "work out" and report back. He expressed interest in possibly buying a second one to keep but I suggested he evaluate the loaner first. I got a communication from him that he had given it a try but would get back to me later. I think I sent him one follow up query with no response. :shrug:

EDIT: With a total of 6 posts, all in this thread, it doesn't seem 9Speed has continued to be active on this forum. Hopefully all is well with him and simply no interest in follow through.

That is very unfortunate, I was really looking forward to a real life evaluation of the light. I feel bad for you as well Don, you did something really nice, the least 9speed could have done was return the light.