Help me pick a cool Marfione!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Maybe it is just me, but as a moderator I find your posts overally wordy and almost trolling. Not saying that is what is happening, but your posts are confusing.

Bill

nitebrite

Enlightened
I apologize. I didn't mean any harm. I just kind of came out of the "closet" after 15 years here. In a previous post just a few weeks ago I let everyone know I am mentally ill. Not an excuse just reality. I am not dangerous or bad. I just do not often make much sense. So I am sorry about that. I really do have the best intentions. I did really get a new knife like I said. The one I felt I had misled everyone about I thought I came clean on. I did not mean to disrespect that guy either. I am sure merchants get jaded with all the scams. I am honestly very afraid of auto knives. I hope you feel I told the truth as best I can. I never mean any offense to anyone here or elsewhere. Incidentally you can imagine I do not have many friends. Which I am sad about because I try my best. I just say stupid stuff because I do not think good. I actually recently retired and now things are even worse because I have nothing to do. I certainly do not expect pity. I do not have it bad at all. I am fine and content. My issue is I tend to offend others. I really don't mean to. I certainly hope I have not crossed any line. Luckily I don't have much more to say here. I got my knife and I am very pleased with it. Also, being honest it was used. This local store wanted to make an even trade for one of my AR15's. Quite frankly I think I got the better deal. For all I know I got ripped off but I like the knife. I am sure this was plenty wordy too. I just can't get around it. I mean no one any ill will at all.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Guy's. If you all are not mad at me could you please answer a question? I have a few M390 knives but I have not attempted to sharpen one yet. Can my Sharmmaker(Diamond rods) do the job? I was interested in that Ken Onion machine but my understanding has always been anything powered is bad news? Grind it to nothing, remove the tang, burn out the heat treat ETC. Onion says his machine is nothing like that "Chef" machine but of course he would. I think I better not buy that or I will be very sorry? Or am I completely wrong, it is good and much faster?

I hope per the above post I honestly explained myself. I know I am "abrasive" but honestly I have only the best intent towards everyone. I am just not very good at explaining myself. If you could please keep that in mind hopefully no one will any longer be offended by me. I have been here 15+ years without being banned and I think that says a lot for me personally. I have used the best constraint I know how. I certainly do not mean to rub anyone the wrong way. That is not my motive whatsoever. I just have trouble saying what I really mean. Anyways, my apologies.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't buy one of the works machines. The belts continuously slide without warning and can eat your blade up. M390 is easy to sharpen as long as you don't let it go dull. Even just a minor stropping will keep it up. It's a very fine grained steel and very wear resistant. You can sharpen it with anything from carbide to diamond. Like I said though the trick is do not let it go dull

nitebrite

Enlightened
Thank you. Since I have OCD dull is not in my vocabulary LOL. Therefore my Diamond rods might remove too much stock. I will use softer grit rods every week. I just knew that machine was bad news. Once I only had a $50 knife but I liked it. They were demonstrating an electric machine. I let them sharpen my knife for free. "here is your toothpick sir". I mean literally nothing left. Ruined my day. My understanding since then, and along the way gathering more knowledge was no electric. So Onion is no different. I am just saying this because you just confirmed it and I hope no one here suffers the misfortune. BTW, originally people said ZDP-189 was so hard to sharpen. I never had any problem at all. Since you are correct, do not let it get dull. I imagine reprofiling super steel is difficult at best. Chris Reeve switched to S35VN only because his tools last longer. S30V is not even anywhere near M390. It is good news I can sharpen it. I much prefer no one else touches my stuff. Always comes back ruined. One last thing, carbide? Isn't that bad news too? If not it sure makes quick work. A $5 set angle lansky sharpener would make life a lot easier. No joking, could I actually use something like that? We are talking about multi thousand dollar knives here. If I could seriously use that I would be elated. Sharpmaker is rather difficult for me honestly. I never even thought of using those but I see them everywhere. I appreciate your help.