HELP ME PICK A FOLDER WITH AROUND 4" BLADE

MrJino

Enlightened
What ever you purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy.

Have you thought about a sharpening system or freehand on wet stones?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
everyone has great ideas. I did buy a Zero Tolerance Rexford 0801BW Folding Knife 3.5" Blackwash ELMAX Blade, Titanium Handles
I also picked up a zt0560 I am surprised how many great choices are out there for $200 or so.
I am checking out all the recommendations thank you all

He"s alive!

It sounds like your still in the market even after the recent 2 purchases?

I've found sub $200 is the sweet spot for any blade. Fixed or folding.

radiopej

Enlightened
I'd really like an Endura. I have a Delica and it's awesome, but I'd like a little more edge retention than the VG10. So maybe a better steel like S30V or ZDP-189.

Dipti13

Newly Enlightened
After some search on ebay, amazon, atlanta cutlery I placed an order for police rescue knife from Atlanta cutlery. Although I hope they will deliver it on time.

2717_1_.jpg

This looks like a perfect EDC for me.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
SVT-ROY thanks for the link. I also think the Surefire EW-11 is a steal for $99 just ordered it...

Right on, glad someone took advantage. I lost my titan A by not spending the time to make a proper lanyard. I used the bead for a simple setup I'm really enjoying.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Spyderco Stretch is a great knife, very versatile blade shape with good belly and a good tip, great ergos, light and easy to carry, very smooth in operation.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Spyderco Waved Endura. The blade is slightly less than 4" rather than exactly 4", and legally that is important in some jurisdictions. The wave opening is quite reliable, and the thumb hole is well designed and placed. The rocker bar lock is dependable and operates smoothly.

NoisyPegasus

Newly Enlightened
I like using my Kershaw Swerve, non serrated for most day to day tasks, if I'm camping or hiking, I keep a Ka-bar on hand for most "large knife" tasks.

uofaengr

Enlightened
If the criteria is around 4", my recommendation will always be a Spyderco Military. I believe it's bar none one of the best deals on the planet. Carries slim, lightweight, great slicer, extremely ergonomic, all for about $130 though you can frequently buy them LNIB on Bladeforums for $90-100.

Omenwolf

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Zero Tolerance 0452cf it has great steel s35vn, has a 4.1" blade and for a big knife it's light at 4.6oz. It fits my hand like a glove, I wear xl gloves. It's a little over your budget at $220.
A pic with the rest of my EDC
13B51BE4-5FD5-4A1B-A609-C5FA1A483B5B.jpg

bladesmith3

Enlightened
just since I started this thread I have used your tips to buy a spyderco military, a zt 0801bw, and a surefire Charlie. I love all of them. I appreciate the ideas.

96Z28

Newly Enlightened
For a "production" knife the RYP HEST 2.0 folder is a great knife. Even better than a lot of one off customs I've seen.

I carry a lefty version everyday and it takes a beating.