Help me replace my dead Olight s30

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So my olight s30 died - with two different fully charged batteries, it flickers on high and the low battery led immediately goes on

Looking for a light of similar size and factor that can run as long as it can at the 4-500 lumen (I use high on my s30 the whole time) level. Main use is for lighting up dark basements and vacant buildings for hours at a time while I sketch the as built. Size doesn't really matter, but I'm usually juggling a clipboard, a laser measuring device and a pencil. I could use a combination of headlight and flashlight, but looking for a flashlight first (I use it to point out things) Also, ideally with mode memory

Last edited:
So my olight s30 died - with two different fully charged batteries, it flickers on high and the low battery led immediately goes on

Looking for a light of similar size and factor that can run as long as it can at the 4-500 lumen (I use high on my s30 the whole time) level. Main use is for lighting up dark basements and vacant buildings for hours at a time while I sketch the as built. Size doesn't really matter, but I'm usually juggling a clipboard, a laser measuring device and a pencil. I could use a combination of headlight and flashlight, but looking for a flashlight first (I use it to point out things) Also, ideally with mode memory
The S30 (not S30R) supports either an 18650 or a pair of CR123A. Be sure and try both before blaming the light.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed it flicker a few months ago, and thought it was the battery. Left it alone for a few months, and the first start up flickered like crazy on high. Tested it with different power sources, low battery LED came on immediately, and a high frequency flicker remained. Hoping Olight gets back to me. Either way, it's been a while and I want a new light, eyeing ZL SC64 variants, but was wondering what else was out there in this category. Seems everyone is catering to andruil style UI. I want set modes and no on board charging.

Latest posts