Help me with a banner ad!

Phil Ament

Enlightened
Hi archer6871j

I live in Australia and I would have to totally agree with Burntrice when he says:

Personally I'd put 'Handcrafted in the USA' at the end of your list.

Also I am not too sure about the "500 Lumen in your pocket" thing as I think that once you state something like that you tend to enter yourself in to the "Lumens war" such as just like what you would see on eBay with the grossly inflated outputs of the cheap chinese products, and by saying this I am not at all meaning that your products are either cheap or their outputs are at all inflated. If you must use this sort of statement on your banner I would probably just have something like 500 Lumen EDC, but I still think that it would be much better without it.

If you're lights do carry a Lifetime Warranty then that is a very major selling point as far as I am concerned, as not only does it imply that it is made to a very high quality standard, but it also gives one a certain sense of security just in case god forbid that something did go wrong. Try using the same analagy when it comes to buying a new car, such as trying to decide between two very similar models. I know for myself that if one of them came with an assurance that if EVER something was to go wrong that it would always fixed up for me, well that alone would probably almost be the deal breaker. That's just my two bob's worth, however if you were to send me a free sample I am quite certain that I would be able to come up with some other (and very positive of course) suggestions/ideas for you. :naughty: :sick2:. Anyway I hope that this all may be of some assistance to you!

Sincerely Yours
Phil Ament :wave:

P.S. You can PM me for my delivery address. :crackup:

Last edited:

eg1977

Newly Enlightened
Remove the 4 lines of text
Move the photo of 4 lights to the left a little
Let curiosity generate some click throughs

TEEJ

Flashaholic
There seems to be some confusion as to the purpose of the banner itself.

Generally, you don't need a lot of detail to get a click...just enough to make someone click it...and take them to a place that ALSO splashes a page that makes them want to know more, and so forth.

Custom Lights
You dream it, I make it

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
The banner's looking good! I first saw it a few days ago (before seeing this thread) and didn't realize you had branded your lights Prometheus, so I was presently surprised when I clicked on it out of curiosity and got to watch a video of you taking about the alphas!

One piece of advice,to fine tune it, line up the text to be vertically centered in the stripes in the background. They're just a few pixels off right now, but adjusting that would just help it look that much more professional.

Good decision with getting a banner add, that's a great first step in getting your name out to more CPFers.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.