Help Replace My Peak Eiger

Zargon

Newly Enlightened
As the title says, what should I replace my peak Eiger with?

I recently lost my Nicha 219 SS peak Eiger (a sad day for sure) that was my best EDC light to date.

Anything other than another Eiger I should look for?

Likes of the Eiger:
-Build (indestructible)
-Form factor and low voltage compatibility (I ran lithiums most of the time, but it'd still run on the deadest of aaas which was useful)
-Classic look
Dislikes:
-Could be brighter
-Could be more power efficient

Apologies for formatting, on a mobile browser

archimedes

Flashaholic
I agree with jabe and PSM above, and cannot easily think of an "upgrade" given your list above.

As a side note, the power efficiency of the small Peak torches is actually excellent, and there were a few ancient threads confirming this.

What the Peak driver lacks, however, is "flat" regulation. So that is the tradeoff there, but it does allow use of a broader voltage range (and is brighter on higher voltage sources)

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also the Eiger Ultra (different than the Ultra X -- which is li-ion only), gaining output while still being able to use a range of voltages.

Although beefier....the Logan 17500 with the adapter kit is really neat. Can use 17500 Li-Ion batteries and smaller, in addition to 3V and 1.5V batteries.

Last edited:

Vemice

Enlightened
You know you want another Peak. Ultra head in the middle.
GSWFEQal.jpg

TheDCC

Newly Enlightened
Not the pocket friendly size, but the Fraz Labs lights check all your boxes. Very unique, lights with infinite twisty ramping.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Best bet is probably another Eiger.
But if you want to try something different, yet similar, maybe look at the ReyLight (Pineapple Mini) AAA/10440. Available with Nichia 219b 4500k R9080, and in brass (which yours wasn't, but is a Peak family value) or titanium.
I'm very happy with my copper one, but don't carry it daily due to preferring CR123a-size to AAA.
Best of luck!

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently lost my Nicha 219 SS peak Eiger (a sad day for sure) that was my best EDC light to date.

sorry for your loss
definitely buy another one

If you also want to explore other AAA options
my favorite AAA is the Lumintop Tool
I dont use 10440

> Dislikes:
-Could be brighter
-Could be more power efficient

when I felt that way about my AAA lights
I added CR123 lights to my options

my favorite CR123 light is a Jetbeam RRT-01

I like having both AAA and CR123 lights

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... If you do choose another option, then first consider going to the marketplace and getting this PreonVN ....

Hello kd, I realize you are relatively new here, so on CPF we try to keep the discussion threads separate from the marketplace sales. That helps prevent shilling and touting, not the case here but for consistency.

For quite some time, CPF and CPFMP (marketplace) were even entirely separate websites, although they merged several years ago.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you just buy an Eiger from Peak nowadays, without having to wait for months?
I gave up on them almost 12yrs ago(ordered an Eiger in 2009), and still haven't found an Arc AAA replacement I'm happy with.
I'd still get one if they have dealers with stock, though. Amazon actually has some, but with cool white emitters, and QTC, which I don't want.

Strintguy

Enlightened
Can you just buy an Eiger from Peak nowadays, without having to wait for months?
I gave up on them almost 12yrs ago(ordered an Eiger in 2009), and still haven't found an Arc AAA replacement I'm happy with.
I'd still get one if they have dealers with stock, though. Amazon actually has some, but with cool white emitters, and QTC, which I don't want.

I contacted Peak recently and asked if I could buy an El Capitan without the QTC and they responded very quickly that yes, they could do that.

Vemice

Enlightened

Robyn builds them to order. You pick optics, led, battery type, metal type, output, QTC or not and body type.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
and still haven't found an Arc AAA replacement I'm happy with.
The closest replacement I've found for the Arc AAA is the McGizmo Sapphire. Much more expensive, but simple, small, and elegant in the extreme. As for the original poster, I agree with those suggesting that you simply get another Eiger. If it's works, don't fix it : )

Dan FO

Enlightened
Robyn is tops! Very helpful. I really love the Eigers, almost indestructible. I really like aluminum bodies with stainless heads. Almost everything I buy now is Nicha 219.