Help with my L2D CE...Problem Fixed!!

No.10

Newly Enlightened
Re: Help with my L2D CE

I can clearly tell the difference between high and turbo with my L1D, so I'm surprised that the difference isn't clear with the L2D.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast

SKYWLKR said:
I'll take them as Seconds!!! :)

My CR123 L1D has a large diff between turbo and high

That's weird, isn't the L1D supposed to jump the lvls when overdriven and have the same brightness for all?

EDIT:Sorry, thought you were talking about 14500, but you have modded it yourself to CR123. Nice!

gunga

Flashaholic

Wow, you can see the difference? I can see no diffence between turbo and high at any time. I'm using eneloop and other nimh. Maybe I need to check with alkalines or something...

I'm on L1D, and the extra 10 lumens are likely un-detectable.

coontai

Newly Enlightened

Man I thought you guys that couldn't tell a difference were really stupid. I mean just flat out dumb (no offense intended in any way). But, as my alkys have drained down I am POSITIVE that there is no difference between high and turbo (at least visually). I have asked many others to confirm this and they agree. furthermore, when I put in fresh alkys the noticeable difference returns. I don't think mine are busted; I think the cree is just hungry

:grin2:

HarveyRich

Enlightened

Originally posted by No. 10:
I can clearly tell the difference between high and turbo with my L1D, so I'm surprised that the difference isn't clear with the L2D.

I just received my L2D-CE and there absolutely is a clear difference between high and turbo--when the batteries are fresh. What I've found is that as you use the battery, the battery is no longer able to put out the current to be in turbo mode. So, as I've done a run time test on medium, I've found that after 4 1/2 hrs and perhaps less time, there is no difference between high and turbo. So, perhaps your battery isn't fully charged and can't put out the current to shift into turbo mode.

Last edited:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

ScooterBug said:
i see no difference in my L1D. but i don't care, i love this light. maybe the L2D is in my future.:grin2:

Thats quite normal, there will be little or no difference with the L1D,
I have noticed the same, however I did a test to confirm this,
I swapped the head of the L1D with the L2D body and the L2D head with
the L1D body. The L1D showed a huge difference between high and Turbo and the L2D showed little difference.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast

TORCH_BOY said:
Thats quite normal, there will be little or no difference with the L1D,
I have noticed the same, however I did a test to confirm this,
I swapped the head of the L1D with the L2D body and the L2D head with
the L1D body. The L1D showed a huge difference between high and Turbo and the L2D showed little difference.

Ok, I'm slightly drunk now, but aren't the L1D head and the L2D head exactly the same?

Mike89

Enlightened

I gotta think it's the light. I would say, "or you really have bad eyes", but you said others you've shown it too also can't tell the difference.

On my P1D CE, the difference between 80 lumens (first twist) and 135 lumens (second twist) is pretty noticeable. Can't imagine anyone not being able to tell the difference.

Skibane

Enlightened

IMO, biggest difference between "High" and "Turbo" modes seems to be in the spill - definitely easier to see things around the periphery of the beam when the flashlight is in "Turbo" mode.

I've noticed this same effect on both my P1D-CE and L2D-CE.

lukestephens777

Enlightened

Good News!!

Received my replacement L2D head and all the levels work fine! I knew i wasn't blind!!

Thanks David from Fenix-store for your help!