• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Help with purchasing a dat2zip sandwich

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think im going to cry.

gonna goof up my keyboard...

Bob<--waiting for the return of the madmax Q3...so i can get 2!!!

Raindrop

Enlightened
Didn't want to start a new thread, so could someone here clarify the Badboy / Madmax requirements for a "single" AA. All of the descriptions refer to a double AA configuration. I have one of the cutdown "mini" minimags coming and want to convert it to run with a sandwich. I thought that the Madmax had the option for dialing in the current requirements for this new addition to my light stable. Anyone know for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raindrop,

The Madmax IC will run down to 0.8V. It will run fine on a single cell battery. It might not put out full power, but, it should be pretty good. I've seen others post their mods and it seems to work fine.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a quick question as well: is it ok to use a MM or BB drop-in without a kroll tailswitch?

sorry, i did a search, but after about 15 minutes, my head was spinning from all the info, which didnt seem to address my question.

thanks,
Bob

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is fine. You can just twist the head of your mini-mag to turn the light on and off. It won't use the normal mag switch, instead the optic (or mcflood) in the head of the light will push the module down, breaking contact between the module and the lip of the battery tube.

I have been using my original BB400 this way since I got it with no problems at all.

Hope this helps,
Pat

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
One way to completely avoid the Kroll, but still have a kroll-like switch is to get the Brinkmann 2AA body... The clickie on the Brinkmann's just better to use, and it has a lock-out feature...

Definately beats turning the head of the minimag to prevent issues with grounding contact on the sandwich and the lip of the minimag...