Here's what I'd like to find...

wpa-Bill

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post, and I've read everything that seems to be relevant but I'm still up in the air about which light is right for my purposes. I'd like to find the highest lumen (OTF) farthest throwing hand held, rechargeable light available. We have a small farm in western PA, and we enjoy watching the deer and other night time critters. It's about 250 yards from my back door to the woodline, and I would like to turn as much of that to near daylight as possible. Throw is what is most important, but I'd like to spill at least 15 yards at the two hundred yard mark if possible. I'm budgeting around $300 (with some flexibility) for this light, as long as it meets these parameters. I don't expect/care if it fits in my pocket, and runtime doesn't have to be huge. What i would like is enough time to sweep the area, which is about 300 yards wide and again 200 yards deep, and then be able to watch for 5 or 10 minutes whatever wildlife appears. It would be helpful also if I could kick the lumen output down a peg or two to make it a comfortable walking light as well.

I've learned an awful lot from CPF, but unfortunately not before I bought a couple of clunkers. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered (but has not yet arrived) the Thrunite TN32. It is a great hand held thrower, and has an output of 1700 lumens, but it may exceed your throw requirements. If you want more spill and lumens, look at the Thrunite TN35. It uses the MT-G2 emitter and supplies 2750 lumens with more spill than the TN32, but with less throw.
Another great throw light to consider would be the Fenix TK61.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the thrunites mentioned above would be good, I use the Thrunite TN31 and love it, I also like the Fenix TK75 for throw.

fenix also makes a UC40 which would be pretty beastly but may be a little over your price limit

Edit: i meant RC40 which is a four XML light and it's $369 I think

Last edited: