Hey Dude shoes

bykfixer

Flashaholic
These days there's a very comfy shoe available by who knows how many shoe companies that are light weight, thin uppers with crepe soles. So light in fact they float. But the one who started it back in the 90's was Hey Dude. Those guys are big like Crocs now. They're everywhere! Well almost. I've yet to see them at dollar stores or grocery stores but they're very popular.

Not made out of much, so for hiking or jogging you may as well be barefoot..... almost. But for kicking it around the house, walking around the office, or at a camp site they're great. They're like bed room slippers for the masses.
IMG_1166.jpeg

The original brand

My first pair were made by Drope.
IMG_1165.jpeg

It was amazing how well they supported my feet, ankles, knees, hips and back. Even after several hours of walking in them. So recently I tried a pair made by one of my favorite flip flop makers, Sanuk. They call them sidewalk surfers.

IMG_0889.jpeg

The sidewalk surfer lite.
They have cork covered insoles and a beach blanket liner. They're actually fairly nice shoes.

Anybody else wear these type of shoes?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never tried any of these, but today I received a pair of Crocs Sant Cruz, got such a deal on the I figured what the heck. Same style, they seem comfortable enough and I like the removable insole. Time will tell how they work out. I'll put them in rotation.

Brokenarrow

Newly Enlightened
Recently purchased a pair after seeing my son wearing them.
Great as slippers but I cant imagine they would last long as everyday shoes.
Very lightweight and comfortable perfect for around the house.