Hey Greta,, how about a CPF Adventure & Questing Sub Forum

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: Hey Greta,, how about a CPF Adventure & Questing Sub Forum

Sooo, I'm thinking for subforums something like these, though they will no doubt need tweaking. Maybe others can help to amend or adjust. I think they should be more general so there are fewer of them but keep them specific enough so someone has a clue where to look. What do you think?

-General Camping
-Hiking & Backpacking
-Water Sports
-Caving
-Urban Exploring
-Road Tripping (Car, 4x4, Bicycle, Horse etc.)
-Geocaching
-Gear:
****Electronics/Power
****Tools/Gadgets/Luggage Etc.
****Cooking/Food
-Around the Campfire (Photos, Videos, Stories)

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sooo, I'm thinking for subforums something like these, though they will no doubt need tweaking. Maybe others can help to amend or adjust. I think they should be more general so there are fewer of them but keep them specific enough so someone has a clue where to look. What do you think?

-General Camping
-Hiking & Backpacking
-Water Sports
-Caving
-Urban Exploring
-Road Tripping (Car, 4x4, Bicycle, Horse etc.)
-Geocaching
-Gear:
****Electronics/Power
****Tools/Gadgets/Luggage Etc.
****Cooking/Food
-Around the Campfire (Photos, Videos, Stories)

+

Looks about right if my mem. serves me correctly.
Maybe consider Transport or Getting There inplace of Road Tripping,, tricky to Road Trip a horse ect..:)

scout24

Flashaholic

I was an early member of the first itineration of the "old" forum. All the categories may not interest me, but some would, no doubt! Maybe swinging some of WoodsWalker's posts into the new forum, and making him aware of it? His posts that I've seen here on CPF proper would fit right in... :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Yeah absolutely. If people want existing threads moved in there that should be no problem since it's all part of CPF proper.

nbp

Flashaholic

+

Looks about right if my mem. serves me correctly.
Maybe consider Transport or Getting There inplace of Road Tripping,, tricky to Road Trip a horse ect..:)

I just thought it was funny. [emoji6]

scout24

Flashaholic

Not so much want as adding relevant quality threads that bridge the gap between the two forums. I have no vested interest, but have enjoyed his recent threads... :) Some woodscraft, some gear, some lights. Should blend nicely.

nbp

Flashaholic
Of course it's the hope that many people join in and we can start lots of cool new threads, but like you mentioned, if members have preexisting threads that fit more closely with a new subforum, and would like them there, I don't see why they couldn't be moved. I suppose Greta et al. can comment on that.

Greta

Flashaholic
Of course it's the hope that many people join in and we can start lots of cool new threads, but like you mentioned, if members have preexisting threads that fit more closely with a new subforum, and would like them there, I don't see why they couldn't be moved. I suppose Greta et al. can comment on that.

It makes perfect sense to move appropriate threads! :thumbsup: And once I get the new forums set up, it will be up to you to find the threads and send me links so I can move them.... ;)

scout24 - wanna help out? You can be a moderator of these new forums too if you'd like :poke:

Yep. It could very well sound like me also, given the right circumstances. Hopefully not the taking of the Lords name in vain though. However, I'd be lying if I stated it has never happened.

My point is, sometimes we talk like that, but until reciently we never write like that on CPF. It just isn't done. The fact that Scout24 hasn't edited it speaks to his qualifications for being a moderator. Pretty much salt in the wound.

Scout24, If you do choose to become a moderator on this family friendly forum, I hope you exercise a greater degree, of control when writing, and of respect for all the members and guests reading CPF.

Thank you, Greta, for letting me express my opinion.

~ Chance

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic

Thank you, Greta, for letting me express my opinion.

~ Chance

Not a problem! :)

And I'm sorry if my suggestion caused you some angst. I think you know me well enough by now though to know I would not allow the things you have issue with. Sometimes people just need a good reason NOT to behave a certain way - you know... channel all of that "energy" into something you are passionate about and appreciate. Sometimes responsibility for making and keeping something nice is incentive to BE nice and take pride in what one has created instead of destroying it. Just a thought... ;)

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

breathe.....

yosemite-lake-pic.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
Chance- I have not edited my rant because I want it to stand, albeit buried, as honest emotions at the time. To edit or delete would go against my own thread "Delete the ability to Delete", directed at those who post in haste and feel that what they said was written in pencil, to be erased at will. I am sorry if you were offended, and think if you look at my posting history you will see that it's not even close to normally my style. Greta- I'd be honored. My computer-fu is not always what it could be, but I learn quickly... :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for accepting my explaination. To paraphrase, "I'm but a custodian for thise whom come after me..." :) BTW- Where in the PNW are you?