HID for Surefire M6

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm hoping that the Arc-1 can run on 8 x 17500 and the Arc-2 on 8 x 17670 but I guess we'll have to wait and see./quote]

I'd hate to be the first guy to try that! :sweat::poof:

Flipside
Seeing the Arc series (in the 2008 catalog downloadable from Surefire's website) and here in this thread, it is obvious that Surefire will not be making a conversion for the M6 host.

With the Arc series, I wonder what Surefire is trying to accomplish? In particular, what kind of magic are they using to get lots of light QUICKLY? Sure, HID's make huge amounts of light efficiently, but only after they've had a chance to get going. I don't see this technology being in step with thier mantra of using their lights as a defensive tool.

I don't think there was ever any speculation that SF was going to offer a HID M6, they were just asking if it could be done.

Not every light that SF makes is going to have the same application, some are huge, some are very small, some are very bright, others have limited output but much longer run-time, they all vary in efficiency, others turn on a little bit slower but get really bright. They make both the Hell Fighter and the Titan, neither of which can really be considered "defensive" lights. I don't believe that SF has a specific mantra other than building really high quality production lights. :)

Latest posts