HID Recomendations?

benighted

Enlightened
Hi everyone, I haven't been here on CPF for a while but yesterday a friend asked me about a light that he could spot possible thieves on his farm up to 1000 feet away. I told him he's probably looking for an HID spotlight but I'm not sure which one would be best for him. I don't think he wants to spend too much more than around $300 and wants decent quality. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just so you know, CPF has a HID/spotlight section. Ask a moderator to move your thread, as double posting of topics is not allowed.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will probably be moved, but he should look at the Stanley HID, as well as the Power on Board HID and the Amondotech N30.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The Stanley HID would be perfect for your friend. This light can be purchased in the Automotive lighting section at Wal-Mart for $70.

It is such a powerful thrower that it can brightly illuminate objects well over 2000 feet away and from my experience will put visible light on objects 3000 feet away.

The "Stanley HID 3000" is rechargeable, has a runtime of 30 minutes and stays at full brightness for its entire runtime.

As others have stated, your thread will likely do better in the correct HID section once it is moved there. :)