Highest Lumen on 1xRCR123 w/reasonable run time

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
I will be purchasing the JB PC10 within the nxt week or so...but before that, i need to make sure this is by far the only 1xRCR123 that could give out max lumen at 550lmn for 20mins.

So if there's any other 1xRCR123 that could give comparable lumen OTF like JB's PC10 or higher, please do help to let me know.

HIDC

Banned
With RCRs you'll only want to run it at max for 1 minute or less bursts. If it's anything like the RRT-0 XML, then it will get quite hot very quickly and run the risk of overdrawing the battery.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Yea..max lumen's gonna be only a couple minutes each time...so i will probably stay on medium of 265 lumen most of the time...

But do you guys know if there's anything that give out higher lumen than 550 on 1xRCR123?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea..max lumen's gonna be only a couple minutes each time...so i will probably stay on medium of 265 lumen most of the time...

But do you guys know if there's anything that give out higher lumen than 550 on 1xRCR123?

not yet. give it 36 more months there should be a new emitter out by then

Lumens Industry

Newly Enlightened
Have you looked at the Xtar WK21? 500 Lumen and programmable. Its a twisty though.

Lumens Industry

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was an IMr AW16340 it'd handle the draw with ease. You could get an oveready triple XPG to run at 800 lumens for 20 min in a Surefire 3p stile host.
Macs custom runs at 500ish lumens and can handle the heat, runs on an 18350 or rcr123.
You should still run Aw batteries though

HIDC

Banned
Have you looked at the Xtar WK21? 500 Lumen and programmable. Its a twisty though.

Lumens Industry

Actually considering ordering that one in but the up-close pics and reviews seem to tell me it's a "budget build" CR123A XML (even at wholesale prices). I'm all for the buy-right-buy-once. Now if you're all about the lumens/dollar ratio then... :)

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
The 36 months is a little bit too long wait for me...

Though will give the Xtar WK21 another view through eventhough i dont really like 'budget build'.

Where as for customs suggested by CarpentryHero, will pass as i am not a big fan of customization. Though noted on your IMR cell suggestion.

Thanks again guys!

buds224

Enlightened
I have the PC10 and love the low-low mode. Turbo is really bright, but heat and battery drain does play, don't count on long runs with it. But it's been my new EDC since the range available is fantastic. Just wish the strobe and SOS were hidden; although loosened, I'm set to lowest mode, and twist to turbo as needed, so for me, it's a "work-around" hidden.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
I have the PC10 and love the low-low mode. Turbo is really bright, but heat and battery drain does play, don't count on long runs with it. But it's been my new EDC since the range available is fantastic. Just wish the strobe and SOS were hidden; although loosened, I'm set to lowest mode, and twist to turbo as needed, so for me, it's a "work-around" hidden.

That's exactly the simple UI i am looking for. A high/max on one and a user-defined mode on another. Have been EDC Nitecore DI with the same mode interface so hopefully i will love it as well!.

Thanks again guys! This is the one for me then..my 1st light for 2012.. :)

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a Solarforce L2M running an XM-L 450 lumen drop-in for about a year now and I love the thing. Of course, this is a 3P P60 host. Solarforce recently introduced the MiniX 3 mode 820 lumen light (see below) that is also designed to run on a single 16340. Obviously you want to be careful about how long you run lights like this on this battery but I've never had an trouble of any kind with the 450 regardless of how I've used it. It would be interesting to hear experiences from any CPFers who may have purchased the Solarforce MiniX. Anyway, sounds like the OP found what he's looking for but I thought I'd mention the Solarforce lights even if they are 3 modes rather than 2.

minx820.jpg

Last edited: