Holster for SR90 intimidator, any sugestions???

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
A back-pack!
naughty.gif

Darvis

Enlightened
What about the maxpedition light holster? I've not yet seen one live, but does it not adjust some? I'm not sure if it's wide enough for the SR-90, but maybe worth a look...

Daylight

Newly Enlightened
A back-pack!
naughty.gif

Yeah!! :crackup: it was my first thought when i received the monster, more than to carry it, the holster would be to protect it.

I found this and would be perfect but i think the head of the SR90 is too wide for it.

Or this, but the SR90 is too long :banghead:

The sheats of MP are too small...

Anymore ideas???

stallion2

Enlightened
i've made holsters for some of my lights w/ neoprene and aluminum rivets...but nothing that big. i've not given much thought to trying it w/ mine but the same approach should still apply. i'm wondering what kind of belt would be required to support such a monster...i mean its only been +40 years since we landed on the moon. might be awhile before such a belt exists.

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
The only thing I can think of is a Paintball Pod Pouch...like this: http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/p...duct_name/MOLLE+100+Round+Paintball+POD+Pouch

What you'd have to do is cut a hole through the bottom in order for the tube of the SR90 to be able to go through...and I'm not sure how thick that SR90 tube is. Dependant on how big of a hole you'd have to cut, you may have to stitch it up for support so as not to have a uncontrollable rip occur?

Can't really think of anything else...sorry!

sqchram

Newly Enlightened
I have a belt system by kinesis that ii designed to hold camera equipment hence its desig ned to carry the weight comfortably. Spendy though.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure how well it would work. When I was in the SCA as an active fighter, we had PVC sword sheaths. Just a short length of PVC of appropriate diameter to fit the shaft. Drilled a couple holes and tied it to our belt with a leather thong. It was also common to cut a slit in the side of the PVC to allow the rattan weapon to be drawn out the side. The PVC held them quite well and allowed them to hang kinda natural. Some with the side slit used a saddle girth ring to attach it to their belt.

Frederic

Newly Enlightened
What is the neopreen case you ordered? I might also be interested in one for mine. I built one so I could hang the light from my pants or belt. It works well in terms of the security but it offers no protection for the light which if I recall was one of your concerns. If the belt clip idea appeals to you, let me know and I will outline what I did. I would love to post a pic or 2 of it for your consideration but I cant figure out how! Anyone want to tell me how to insert pics? I am new to this forum.

Frederic

Newly Enlightened
I think I got the pic thing!
4746570744_a82a90cbda.jpg

This is the holder I built for my Olight SR90 Intimidator (aka pants ripper offer) to carry it on my pants or belt. It holds the light very securly but is lacking in the coolness department. Looks a little cheesy.

4745936791_e1bd92cd5b.jpg

And this is the one I made for my Jetbeam M1X I have been really happy with this one.:twothumbs
4746576110_fffe506d39.jpg