• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Holster/Sheath/Pouch for Haiku and LS20 - NOT for hanging on my belt!

heckboy

Enlightened
Hello all.

I will sometimes drop my Haiku or LS20 in my EDC bag when I pack for the day. I've been using my stingray hide AOTH holester for this, however, the holester is just too bulky for the little man-purse (old shaving kit bag) that I haul stuff around in. Also seldom belt carry the light so 95% of the time the holester is superfluous. The other option, to toss the light in naked just seems wrong. You should see what my camera looks like as a result of that behaviour!

I'd like to protect the light from the banging around in the bag (or should I say protect the stuff in the bag from the light?). What I'm looking for is a simple sheath made of thin leather that I can slip the light into for protection while transporting it. The sheath shouldn't have any belt attachment portrubences and I really want it to be leather not cordura or fabric. Search is not yielding anything for my purposes.

Does anyone have any pointers? I know I could go to a tack shop and likely find someone that would make a simple sheath, however, I was hoping to find something suitable off-the-shelf.

Regards,
Kevin

W8HF

Newly Enlightened
Hello all.

I've been using my stingray hide AOTH holester for this, however, the holester is just too bulky for the little man-purse (old shaving kit bag) that I haul stuff around in.

If you ever want to part with your AOTH holster I would love to have one for my LS-20.

-Charles

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt (AOTH) also makes a slide (holster). It doesn't have a clip or a belt loop plus the back has the same hide as the rest of the slide. Here's a link to a picture of the back of a Green Shark Slide (Here's the front).

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

RocketTomato

Enlightened
...The other option, to toss the light in naked just seems wrong. You should see what my camera looks like as a result of that behaviour!

An ex-girlfriend of mine used to carry her camera around in a thick cotton sock. It looked funny but protected the camera well. It should work well for the LS20 also, at least until you find a more permanent replacement.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you might also like this leather holster from AKJ CONCEALCO. Here's a review of the SF100, it's the size that a Ti PD-S would fit in.

Cheers,
Steve

precisionworks

Flashaholic
AKJ CONCEALCO
+1

Andrew does superb work at very low prices. At one time, he was backed up 4-6 weeks, but the sheath is worth the wait. If you email or phone him, he might make one to your specs for a small additional cost.

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
Both tadgear and EDC knives are the best of the best to deal with.

heckboy

Enlightened
Wow, those are some pretty good options. This is what I'd like to have except for a light rather than the Sebenza. I may have to reconsider the cordura pouch option because they are quite economical.

The sock is a good idea. That led me to consider cutting the fingers off some old work gloves to use for a flashlight sheath. I'll let you know what comes of this.

Later,
HB

JohnnyDeep

Newly Enlightened
The TAD cordura nylon pouch is ideal for storage.
Economical, light, extremely durable and washable.
Can be attached to the belt or a bag.
Equally useful for extra batteries, a Sebenza or other knife.

handsfull

Newly Enlightened
How does one acquire a AOTH holster?.....went to his website and it looks as if he's on to making other projects/not taking orders..?