How did you end up at CPF?

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was making a luxeon wind up light, and was searching around for LED torches. I've always been a flashaholic, but now I just found the pub!

Flashahol on tap. mmmmmm

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I read about EDCs in a personal safety column in NewsMax.com. The Arc AAA was mentioned with a link. I cruised the Arc site, bought a AAA. Arc has a link to CPF. You know the rest.

Corolla

Newly Enlightened
Beretta forum as they say there dont buy it unless it was here first!!

Stickles01

Newly Enlightened
I was hanging out at jtice's house looking at the shelf with about 50 to 60 lights and parts, made fun of him for about 2 weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif, then went on to take some of his lights outside and test them. I had a MiniM@g, and decided that the beam profile, among other things, sucked and bought a MM LuxIII and modded it, purchased the Z2 Combatlight a week later, then the Arc 4+ Rev2 a week after that, and have been hooked ever since. It's ok though, my cheeks don't hurt from the hook anymore. Now I'm just waiting for the Arc5 and the HDS EDC Ultimate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so I was pokeing around The LED Light.com and I found Craig Johnson's LED MUSEUM. I poked around for a while then decided to check out the links page. Then I just got hooked and decided to join in.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Lurked heavily until pushed over the edge by the evil "Sonic" - ROFL !

Thanks, my good friend and mentor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

TXCaver

Newly Enlightened
I've been a bit of a flashaholic for most of my life. As you may guess from my screen name, I've been a caver since I was teenager, and always prided myself on having a fair collection of lighting tools.

Well...a couple of months ago, I was on a hunting trip with a friend, and had to get up in the middle of the night to investigate a noise, and I was quite disappointed in my trusty old 2AA MiniMag. Being the internet nerd that I am, I did a search on Google and found CPF, Flaslightreview.com and a few others.

Since then I've become a full blown flashaholic, replacing virtually every light in my collection with a newer modern version. To date, I've picked up...Brinkman Legend LX, Brinkman Maxfire LX, Pelican M6, Pelican L1, Streamlight UltraStinger HP, Streamlight Scorpion, Surefire A2 Aviator, Inova X5, CMG Infinity Ultra, a Pal Light and 2 or 3 misc dollar store LED cheapies...oh yeah, a dozen 123a batts and a Laser pointer.

The M6 lives on my night stand, the Scorpion lives in my truck and the A2 is one of the handiest all around lights I own. Now I'm looking at updating my 15 year old Petzl headlamp I used caving...I need a good long distance spotlight...I think I'm hooked! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

It's neat to have a place like this where I can find knowledgeable info.

Later...TXCaver / Tom

greenLED

Flashaholic
Looking for instructions on how to build a LED flashlight for some Cub Scouts ---> ...many sites ---> The LED Museum ---> CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED Museum!
Yeeeessss, the gateway drug for LED flashaholism... think of the hundreds of thousands of dollars CPF'ers have spent in the past few years thanks to Wayne's introduction to the CPF.
It all started with Wayne's little suggestion to go to the CPF... then 5mm LEDs, Luxeons and mods. I am a hardcore addict now... if a normal person stumbles across the LED museum, tell him to run away.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had purchased a Photon II at my local Bass Pro shop and got interested in LEDs. I found a link to CPF in Knifeforum and the downward spiral accelerated the checking account decline /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came here from the Surefire Forum. I was on Surefire's forum for a long time I believe my member number was #136.

GregR