How did you find CPF?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I found this wonderful site after doing a search for LED's and locating Craig's LEDMuseum site. I spent hours reading through the copious amounts of information there. Later,I found the link to CPF.

What an amazing site. All these people with a similar interest(addiction). Weeks of reading posts and then I joined up. Nearly 150 new members in one month since I joined!

Just wondering how did you find CPF?

smile.gif

rycen

Enlightened
I was searching on google for candlepower figures for Mag an there it was.

d'mo

Enlightened
Like others, I found CFP through Craig's LEDMuseum site (THANK YOU CRAIG!!!). I found LEDMuseum through Doug Ritter's http://www.equipped.org .He has an excellent LED flashlight review page and tons of info on other equipment.

Michael

Newly Enlightened
d'mo said:
"Like others, I found CFP through Craig's LEDMuseum site (THANK YOU CRAIG!!!). I found LEDMuseum through Doug Ritter's http://www.equipped.org .He has an excellent LED flashlight review page and tons of info on other equipment."

Ditto. I was originally looking for a review of Photon IIs, and found Doug Ritter's site, then LEDMuseum, then CPF.

I've owned several 3D Maglites, mini-mags, and a few Photon IIs over the years, but since joining CPF in about March, I've now requested an Arc aaa, and a PT Attitude for Father's Day. I am now contemplating other flashlights--like a PT Surge--for future purchases. I'm also thinking of giving a Surefire E2e to my Dad for his birthday this August.

Is this Flashaholism contagious or am I only now discovering a dormant personal trait?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I believe Brock Neverman told me about this great new "flashlight forum" in late July or early August of 2000, but I didn't get around to checking it out for almost two weeks. Shame on me.
smile.gif

CPF was also the first internet-based BBS I ever visited or registered on.

Darell

Flashaholic
My story? Brock's fault. My Google search for LED lights turned up his site, and I linked here from there... If it wasn't for the fact that my presence was 100% Brock's fault, I'd take some resonsibility for my posts.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Like a lot of others, I first saw the link on the LEDmuseum but did not pay much attention to it. When I saw a link to the CPF on the ARC Flashlight web site, I got curious and clicked on it....and the rest is history.

WaltH

Enlightened
I was searching EBAY and came across what they were marketing as a tactical light. Turned out to be a CMG Infinity so I did a google search on that and came up with Brocks page..which LED me here.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
I believe Brock Neverman told me about this great new "flashlight forum" in late July or early August of 2000, but I didn't get around to checking it out for almost two weeks. Shame on me.
smile.gif

CPF was also the first internet-based BBS I ever visited or registered on.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was the LED Museum that led me here (no pun intended). I've read Craig's site for a long time, and when I saw the link here, I followed it to find Craig was a posting member, so I fugured I found the right place to be.

Thanks again Craig for all the hard work you put into the LED Museum, and thanks to the fine folks that operate this bulletin board; I'm never bored any more.

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
I'm guessing my way is quite a bit different than most (Since most seem to come from the mod's and web people). I first saw a link from a Yahoo group I am a member of (misc_survivalism_moderated (yes, I am one of "those" kind of people)) about a really long term form of lighting for extended emergencies. Yep, you guessed it, LED's. I came once, thought the topic was interesting, but stopped coming. Then, I came across another link on that group, and read some of the other topics and got interested, but I wasn't really full fledged yet. After a little while I got hooked on reading, and after that, on getting a few flashlights (but no, I don't have that many, can't AFFORD them, I don't have a job). Anyone else here from that particular yahoo group?

Spud

PS I'm guessing many of you will be surprised a boy of just 17 is a member of a group such as that. I've been a member of that group for a year or two now actually. I started reading misc.survivalism when I was 11 or so, and have been hooked on survivalism and preparedness ever since. And no, I am not exaggerating my age when I started either

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well...I was searching on the internet for the cheapest place to purchace a Photon light. I came across Brocks (thanks Brock) website because it had links to several retailers that had decent prices on them. Scrolling down, I noticed that he also had a link to Craig's (thanks Craig) website, which I promptly visited, and stumbled across a link to the CPF.

Eric

Size15's

Flashaholic
I just checked. I ordered my 12PM from Botach(?!) on 21/04/99 - my entry into the world of SureFires and flashlights... (I got some Pelicans and Photons too)

I joined CPF August 2000 Member #24
I joined SFDB July 1999 Member #41 *
I joined BladeForums Oct 1999

I guess I came to CPF looking for cheap DL123As to feed my 12PM that I shouted about...

Al
grin.gif

(*I recall registering under Size15s on SFDB before July, and having to re-register as Windler after Size15s crashed...)

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
I joined CPF August 2000 Member #24
I joined SFDB July 1999 Member #41 *
I joined BladeForums Oct 1999
Al
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Boy Al, you're just quite the joiner, aren't you??
grin.gif
Well if you ever find yourself in Houston, Texas, you'll have to join me for a beer.
wink.gif
smile.gif
TX

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read a review of the Arc AAA on Dan's Data and ended up at the Arc Flashlight website buying one. Saw the link to CPF, and never looked back. (just got poorer..)

Graham