How do you Carry Inova X5? Should I return mine?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I like the inova X5 from Target for it's build and run life. However, I've just acquired an Arc, a P1, and soon an E2E/KL1. I also have 2 6Ps and a cool Comp-Tac belt holster for them. The X5 seems to big in my pockets and I don't want to wear it in a holster. But, it seems too nice to throw in the glovebox.

How do you carry yours? Should I return to Target for the $35?

Thanks,
Jeff.

robertl999

Newly Enlightened
I don't carry mine. I have a total of 4 of these scattered around the house. It's the most useful light I own with its soft flood. The most powerful light is not always the best light for the job.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry mine with it's belt clip, second from right:

6Tinys.jpg

Best regards

____
Tom

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my X5 in my left hip pocket standing up bezel down, nestled there by the spine of my carry folder. It works very well there. I have often thought that a small piece of elastic sewn into the inside of that pocket along the outside edge like a shotgun shell loop on a hunting vest might be a handy addition for carry.

pizzaman

Enlightened
For me, the Inova X5 has become one of my favorite and most useful flashlights.

My silver X5 is my urban gentleman's light. I attached a short lanyard for front pocket carry. The lanyard dangles out of the pocket and makes retrieval easy.

For outdoor and commando play I use the TAD Gear nylon sheath with my black X5 (sporting an OD lanyard).

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/flashlights%20main/inova_x5_led_light.htm

It can be worn vertical or horizontal. I couldn't help also ordering the GG&G TID just for the cool factor. It looks great on the black X5.

Cheers, TR

steve_vance

Enlightened
PseudoFed said:
I like the inova X5 from Target for it's build and run life. However, I've just acquired an Arc, a P1, and soon an E2E/KL1. I also have 2 6Ps and a cool Comp-Tac belt holster for them. The X5 seems to big in my pockets and I don't want to wear it in a holster. But, it seems too nice to throw in the glovebox.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Countycomm has a great nylon holster that allows for vertical or horizontal carry. They're FIVE BUCKS (cheap IMO) and work great. When Inova donated a bunch of X5s for cleanup work in Mississippi, they sent a bunch of these along... word from the field is they're indispensable.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
PseudoFed said:

Thanks,
Jeff.

No! Keep it! Here's why, when the lithium batteries in your Surefires "die," just pop them into your Inova X5. You'll get several hours of light from your "dead" lithiums..... Honestly, that's all I use my X5 for. It's not a bad light, but it gets overshadowed by a lot of others. If you're stuck in an extended Blackout, your X5 filled with nearly dead batteries will shine! (Pardon the pun).

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Ok, Ok, I'll keep it. I actually just finished yard work in Fort Worth and I'm wearing the X5 in its cheesy nylon belt holster. It's fun to play with. I was just looking under my workbench in the garage to ensure the wasps are not back looking for their nest before I stand here surfing and having a fine Padron cigar.

Besides, I posted separately about my P1 flickering after only two days of "playing" with it, since it is brand new! I should probably hold on to the X5, which has been flawless.

And, I've contacted Jeff Smith and am having him make me some para cord lanyards. I'm sure one of them can help me carry as pizzaman mentions above.

Anyone know of a kydex sheath for the X5?

Thanks,
Jeff

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I carry mine in a minimag leather holster. It is very snug at first, but loosens up a bit after a while. It has never gotten too loose. I like that I can snap it on a belt towards dark.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Keep it! The X5 makes a great all around the house light. Or you can give to a friend and turn them into a flashaholic. The X5 was one of the lights that got me addicted. The X5 is also good for using up old batteries from your other lights. The batteries may not have enough juice to power your 6P but they will still power your X5. Think of it as your way of helping the environment.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wrote this post yesterday but had to leave before I could post so steve_vance beat me to the punch:

The verticle/horizontal webbing sheath for $5 at CountryComm for the X5 is the best sheath for the money I've ever bought. Great for belt, or shoulder strap.

I've mentioned before that I've been prototyping sheaths and holsters for 40 years and when I bought that CC sheath I was so impressed that I ordered $100 of webbing in different sizes and began making my own sheaths based on their simple design.

I think that even if you never carry your X5 it should be a keeper. With it's high build quality and the fact that it's powered by cr123s with their long shelf life and storage temp tolerance the X5 is IMO a great light to just stick away in the first aid or storm kit or the glove box of your car for an emergency.