Codecracker

Newly Enlightened
I'm still a light Rookie, but my current EDC is:

Right rear pocket next to wallet ... ITP SC-1
Clipped somewhere ... TI Illuminati CA-1
Keychain ... the freebie light from BatteryJunctuon

a109drvr

Newly Enlightened
Arc AAA on the key chain. Fenix PD30 at work for aircraft preflight. Red Photon Freedom Micro on flightsuit zipper pull to read charts/checklist.

Mark-60

Newly Enlightened
Re: How many lights do you EDC?

I was EDC an Surefire Surefire 6p for years, then I got a Fenix LD15. I just got an Surefire LX2 (very nice light BTW) and now I carry it and the LD15. I have various keychain lights on bags and jackets.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

on belt
Sunawayman L10A (14500 LiOn or IMR)
S Beam mini 18650
Nitecore EZ AA warm (AA lithium)

On keys
RAW NS Green (14250)
Preon SS (AAA lithium)
ARC AAA-P UV (AAA lithium)
several coin cell LEDs red, blue, white, UV, green etc.
that makes 6 to 10 lights EDC'd
I wonder what the people at TSA "security" would say about a guy geting on a plane with 10 lights?!:thumbsup:

LedTed

Enlightened
I know that you only asked about lights, but this is my normally EDC.
Jeans left front pocket: Zebralight SC600
Jeans right front pocket: SOG Visionary I
Nearby EDC bag nestled in loops on left side: NiteCore D11 V2
Same nearby EDC bag nestled in loops on right side: SOG Flash I

I find that sometimes I'd like to access the flashlight from my front left pocket and end up having to cross draw.
I wonder if having a flashlight always instantly available is why most of my fellow CPFs seem to carry multiple lights.

mbw_151

Enlightened
Well the minimum is a Photon Freedom all the time. This is OK in the office and at home where there are lots of larger lights close at hand. Out of the office on business I pocket carry a Leatherman Serac S2 AAA light. Outside and about I have a Quark 123T in my jacket pocket. I also carry a Quark 123 in my computer case for those times when no jacket is required. So my EDC varies from 1-4 depending on how far I am from a stash of lights. I went thru airport security the other day and counted 5 as my stuff went thru the scanner. As much as I fly, I've never been questioned about a light.

wollie88

Newly Enlightened
Iv got an solitaire with ledupgrade on my keychain, and romissen rc-g2 with an xml and 700ma driver in my left pocket.
The rommisen is going to be replaced as soon as my olight tc15ss and warm white xpg are in.

marcalbar

Newly Enlightened
I have a Quark 123 mini X in my keychain, a Sunwayman V10R in my pocket and a Surefire G2X Pro in my pouch.

david57strat

Enlightened

My current EDC (on-person) line-up consists of seven lights (from Left to Right):

1.Fenix e15 (on belt, holstered, sharing the same holster as the M20-X)
2.Fenix PD20 (on belt, holstered)
3.Sunwayman V11-R (on belt, holstered)
4.EagleTac D25LC2 (on belt, holstered)
5.Foursevens QB2L-X (in cargo pocket, holstered)
6.EagleTac T20LC2 (in cargo pocket, holstered)
7.Olight M20-X (on belt, holstered)

For a while, I was carrying a Maglite XL200 and a Led Lenser P7, but the recent acquisition of a Foursevens QB2L-X and a used EagleTac T10LC2 did away with my need for the flood to spot focusing abilities of the P7, and both lights are more lithium ion battery friendly (Both, the XL200 and the P7 used AAA batteries – something I never really liked. I was using Sanyo Eneloops in them, and they worked well, considering; but the Quark Turbo really is in a class, by itself, compared to either of those lights. I'm really loving that light. It is highly programmable and has about a somewhat similar form factor as the P7 was, but blows away the P7. There really is no fair comparison, between the two. The forward clicky with momentary option is another plus, with that light –and it's a little more neutral in color (well..not as neutral as a Nichia 219, or something along those lines; but more neutral than an XM-L U2, anyway).

Omenwolf

Newly Enlightened

My EDC's are either, Eagletac P20C2, Eagletac D25A Ti Clicky or Nitecore MT2A clipped in the front left pocket. Along with either the Streamlight protac 2xAAA or Olight O'pen in the pen pocket of my jeans. I also carry a spare Crelant V11a in my bag along with 2 spare AA and 2 spare AAA eneloops.

GTiger

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Microstream 1-AAA in Leatherman sheath's side sleeve. Inova MicroLight on EDC keyring. Fauxton on vehicle key ring. And Fenix PD32UE, Princeton Tec EOS Headlamp in EDC bag.

Soon, will add Olight i3S and bump Inova to vehicle keys.

phosphor

Enlightened
On my keychain I've got an AA Gerber Infinity Ultra and in my day bag either a Fenix LD20 R4 or a iTP S1 Eluma R5. When I go out at night I switch out the Fenix LD20 /iTP S1 Eluma for a Fenix L2D Rebel.

EDCinDET

Newly Enlightened
How many flashlights do you carry?

Many of us carry flashlights for many different reasons. Different lights serve a different purpose. Just wondering if any of you carry multiple lights like I do.

Currently I carry a Nitecore P12 clipped to my pocket, a Quark QPA in a holster on my belt, and a Fenix E15 on my keys in a coat pocket.

Last edited:

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How many flashlights do you carry?

I just carry the light I think is most useful for the job, while keeping in mind what to do should that one fail. Usually, one will do.

When I fixed plumbing in the crawlspace under our house, I made sure to carry spare batteries for my headlamp, and at least one other flashlight. Both of which I checked operation before diving in. 'Cause (obviously) that's not a place where you'd want to get stuck in total darkness. :eek:oo:

My bicycle light doubles as EDC. But since my old bicycle lamp (permanently attached to the bike) still works, I feel little urge to carry another light as backup. Might change if I rip that one out.

3+ Lights for a walk in the woods? C'mon, that's just flashaholics crazyness (not that I mind though). :D

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast

I usually carry two, both 1xCR123. I've been thinking about adding a keychain light to the mix though.

jforrest

Newly Enlightened

I most always carry one. But I use a "rotation", like the people on the shaving forums. All 1xCR123's or 2xAA. If I'm hunting, I take another along with me.