How many lights do you EDC? Part 2

How many flashlights do you carry?

• Total voters

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
Off duty, only one. Either an Olight M18 maverick or a Nitecore P12...depending how I feel that day.

On duty, 3. One of the two Above, a 5.11 atac plx and a tank007. I work nights. Lots'a light is important.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How many lights do you EDC?

I always carry two single-18650 lights...one for me, and one as a backup/loaner. I have two additional 18650 lights in my work bag, should I ever forget to bring my usual EDC. I also have a NV green Photon, a white Fauxton, and a MBI HF SS on my keychain. If I go hiking, I add two large lights. Either a TM11vn/TK75vn, or a TM26/K40vn. I sometimes carry a Preon Penlight, depending on what I am doing and what I am wearing. So two lights is the absolute minimum, no matter what, and at times I have up to seven total, counting the keychain lights. My lighting needs are very well covered...now I just need to work on all my other prep.

wedlpine

Enlightened

My current EDC line-up consists of the following:

Olight M10 Maverick in coat pocket
EagleTac D25Cvn Ti in supplied pouch on belt
Thrunite Ti in pants pocket
Titanium Innovation Keychain light on keychain

Per-Sev

Enlightened

One my Lenslight titanium KO 2X123.
f55ee1f81c51470487a3d0afc4da85eb_zpscf6a6a56.jpg

broadgage

Enlightened

Normaly I EDC 2 lights, both 2AA mini mags with LED drop ins.
If however I have any reason to suspect that the light might go out, then I would take more.

Usually a couple more mini mags, and some glowsticks.

Three every day. On my belt are one 47's mini X in a fenix p1 holster and a Zebralight H600 XM-L in a small Solarforce holster. On my key chain is a Titanium Inov. XP-G 1xAAA. If I go out and know I'll be out during the dark hours I'll toss into the car a large "D" ring which holds a Malkoff MD4 with Hound Dog XM-L2 5000K head powered by 2x18650's stuffed into a leather Surefire 9P holster. One blue Solarforce L2p with EDC+ triple Nichia 219 running one 18650 all in a covered Solarforce holster. One grey Solarforce L2p with EDC+ triple XP-G2 running on one 18650 in a solarforce holster. And, for backup batteries I have another Solarforce holster which I've crammed two plastic boxes of two 18650 batteries each.

JME.

Newly Enlightened
2 all the time.

Eagletac D25a and a 4Sevens Preon.

"I'm just a witness"

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
2. HDS Exec Clicky N219B in pocket, and a PROMETHEUS BETA QR HAIII around my neck / ID lanyard most times.

Last edited:

drillbit

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, let's see, now...

1- HDS Nichia 219 Clicky
2- L3 Illumination L10 Nichia 219
3- Olight SC1 Eluma
4- Surefire E2E, with Nichia 219 dropin by Tana
5- Eagletac D25LC2 Custom w/ Nichia 219
6- DQG 26650 Triple XP-G2, Neutral

The first four are carried in pants pockets(cargo pants, of course), the last 2 in jacket pockets.

kj75

Enlightened
Two

My Fenix E35 in my pocket the whole day and the Fenix E40 in my jacket.
One single 18650 and one with easy available AA-batteries.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
3 or 4
neck/ Inova STL
Keys/issued clip light
Carpenter pocket is either my SF P3X Fury my SF G3
and my Petzl NAO wheen I need my hands.

JedSmith

Newly Enlightened
I voted 2, but its actually usually at least 3. I have my usual small carry light in a pocket - something palm sized that runs off 1xAA or 1XCR123. (I'm doing some upgrades on those right now). But, I also carry lots of Photon II little mini LED lights. They are on zipper pull-tabs on several of my coats and fleece pull-overs. Also have those on many Swiss Army Knives and I always carry one of these. They are also on key chains. They're a back-up that's come in handy many times.

mhs

Newly Enlightened
2 or 3, depending on outfit formality = available pocket space. Most often my primary is Peak Eiger 10440, but when there's something going on, I wear cargo pants so primary place is taken over by SF A2, and Eiger becomes backup. No matter what, there is always Quantum DD on my neck.

YBCold

Newly Enlightened
usually i carry 1 on my person and 1 for my backpack or messenger bag at work. if im out at night i carry 3.

ewmccraw

Newly Enlightened

I only carry one when I'm not at work. A Tank007 on my keyring. When I work, I carry that one and a small Hugsby single AA model on my EDC backpack

Eagtaczac

Newly Enlightened
Well right now since I'm at work I'm carrying a energizer keychain light a eagle tac d25c2 clicky on a lanyard in my front pocket. Maglight xl50 in a holster on my left side and a maglight 2d led in a loop holster on my right side. And a energizer pro headlamp on my hardhat.....soo five!! Lol no I'm not afraid of the dark! I work nights in a scrap yard without good light it's VERY easy to trip and bust it or get impaled.

Stockhouse13

Newly Enlightened

Depends upon the situation but generally its just one- A quark pro or a small clicky...maybe my g2 malkoff. A MD2 in a napsack, etc. That light is just too heavy for me to carry and Im not going to go the holster route.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always have a Fenix LD01 in my Leatherman Surge pouch on one side of my belt as well as a Fenix PD32UE on the other side in its own holster. But then I carry my backpack with me to work and pretty much wherever I go to visit people, and it contains a Fenix TK75, an Armytek Wizard Pro Warm, and a full set of spare batteries for all of those lights in a small Pelican case.