• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How to buy the Vesuvius international?

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
As i live in Norway i have no idea where to buy the new Peak Vesuvius.

em-mgt is the only dealer who has it, and they doesnt ship international. Oveready doesn't carry the Vesuvio.
Is there other options/dealers?

Seems like i have to buy a used one? PM me if you have one for sale.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm in Australia and have always bought my Peaks directly from Peak.
Norm

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
I dont think Peak has actively touched their website in close to 2 or 3 years, maybe longer. They do list their current phone number and address though, so it may be worthwhile to try and call. Use googlephone or something to avoid huge fees.

subiya

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting for Oveready to stock them. I do wonder why Curt would only initially sell through a retailer who refuses to sell internationally. It's cut the available market for the lights considerably. Seems a limited number were supplied and haven't all sold. Still international buyers have no access.
Cheers

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same problem. Want one, but can't get one. Imo, it's kind of unpatriotic to refuse export, and say no to fresh cash into the us economy at the moment :) Don't matter how many flags there is at the website..
Now im wating for the 500 lumen aaa that "the guy with no name" is working on. I'm not staying up all night to make a phone order for a flashlight.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Why do you need to stay up all night to ring them? Looks like the afternoon and evening is the right time to ring.
Norm

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right, it's about 8 hours time difference, so when i come home from work, they get to work.
I have heard many good things about the peak line of lights. Kind of annoying when you have to call for a order and start speaking in bad english to get one. I don't want it that bad. I might send them a fax.:sssh:
Just noticed the "special order request" under the support bar at the peak site. Im going to give it a try.

persco

Enlightened
You are right, it's about 8 hours time difference, so when i come home from work, they get to work.
I have heard many good things about the peak line of lights. Kind of annoying when you have to call for a order and start speaking in bad english to get one. I don't want it that bad. I might send them a fax.:sssh:
Just noticed the "special order request" under the support bar at the peak site. Im going to give it a try.

I wouldn't bother. I tried emailing Peak through the website and got ignored. Their obviously allergic to international sales. Funny business model in a crappy economy... I gave them a miss. Lots of great lights out there from folks interested in making a sale.

sydder

Newly Enlightened
I'm another international who was looking to buy this light, but after reading other peoples experiences I think I'll wait for the Torpedo from the guy with no name.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't bother. I tried emailing Peak through the website and got ignored. Their obviously allergic to international sales. Funny business model in a crappy economy... I gave them a miss. Lots of great lights out there from folks interested in making a sale.
You were right about that.