How to change color tempearature

sagar

Newly Enlightened
i have led with color tempearature near about 5000k. but if i need to change in between 3000k to 5000k then how it can be possible??
which color will need to introduce yellow/ orange???

Thanks.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have led with color tempearature near about 5000k. but if i need to change in between 3000k to 5000k then how it can be possible?? which color will need to introduce yellow/ orange??? Thanks.
\\\\\\My Line Breaks appear broken\\\\\ What you have now is a light distribution that is *centered* too high in energy. The only way to filter would be to remove some of the blue tints. This will decrease output and probably badly affect the tint of the light. The simplest fix that will work well is to buy another one in 3000K and set them very close to each other. This will give about 4000K output... But it may blow your budget. Changing the CCT of an existing light is like... Imagine you set all your coworkers against a wall, sorted from short to tall. Draw a line on the wall that touches everyone's heads. You have a Distribution (Of peoples' heights). If you decide, "Hmm, this distribution is too tall, I want to change it," you have a problem: You can add a few VERY short people to the short end (Adding red/orange). This will make the average where you want, but it will make a lumpy short side. You can kick over a few tall people on the tall end (Filtering out blues) but it will make the tall side lumpy. This 'lumpy' look to the heights would look funny in light. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ A halogen lamp is a good example all by itself. The visible part of its spectrum has very little output in blue, and quite a lot in the lower-energy colors. It is very tough to tell Navy Blue pants from Black slacks under a halogen light, because there aren't many blue photons for my pants to reflect. In fact, a halogen lamp would make a good, cheap (Inefficient) pair to your too-high-CCT LED.

RG-Anne

Newly Enlightened
There is two way ,change Phosphor to change color temperature or change lamp shades, the middle color is warm white .
I think that will be more easy and the color will be more beautiful !:)

Lighthousetech

Newly Enlightened
The Colour temperature of White LED depends on the type and thickness of phosphor. You cant do anything to change the colour temperature, the only thing you can do is to obtain a new LED with a different colour temperature. Higher temperature (5000-6000K) white LED's are the most efficient because they have the least amount of phosphor on them. Warm white LED's (under 4000K) are less efficient due to the greater thickness and composition of the phosphor.

sammy1185

Newly Enlightened
CCT is done at manufacturing level with phosphor, as mentioned before. Filters don't change the temperature. As mentioned, the best bet is to buy another LED with the proper CCT, and switch between them

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can change the color temperature of the final device by adding more LEDs of differing color temp., or using a filter to change the "mix" of wavelengths. The solution that provides a non-hacky end result would be to buy an LED that puts out that CCT.

SemiMan

Banned
The Colour temperature of White LED depends on the type and thickness of phosphor. You cant do anything to change the colour temperature, the only thing you can do is to obtain a new LED with a different colour temperature. Higher temperature (5000-6000K) white LED's are the most efficient because they have the least amount of phosphor on them. Warm white LED's (under 4000K) are less efficient due to the greater thickness and composition of the phosphor.

Little to do with thickness or composition. All to do with with stokes loss and shifted spectrum to less efficient wavelengths.

Semiman