How to create a superbright Maglite 6D and a powerful 2AA Maglite Mini?

Opius

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys and Girls!

I have recently dug out my old flashlights:
a Mag 6D with a Terralux TLE-300 mod.
a Maglite Mini LED without a head. (the one with 5 stages, sos and whatever)

so, to my questions:

I have done some reading on CPF, and i am totally lost. I want my 6D maglite to be superbright! but im not quite sure how to do it. Is there any way that anyone can link me a how to, or maybe some parts? i have read that the Osram 64623 Xenon bulb is a good thing for brightness. but im not sure.

As for daily purposes i want to use my Maglite Mini LED. Since i am missing the head, lens and reflector, i am open to any changes on that part, if not, ill buy replacements.

Hoping for a positive reply!

-Opius

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for daily purposes i want to use my Maglite Mini LED. Since i am missing the head, lens and reflector, i am open to any changes on that part, if not, ill buy replacements.

-Opius

Unfortunately, the threads on the Mini-Mag and the Mini-MagLED are unique so you will have almost no chance to find a suitable replacement unless you can find a source for one. Fortunately for you, I have a complete black Mini-MagLED head that was given to me that I'll let you have. Please email me and I'll throw it in the mail on Friday.

Last edited:

Opius

Newly Enlightened
If the Incan Dropin from AW is a no-go, is there any other way ?

Have i understood it correctly that the Maglite Mini Led is allmost impossible to modify to be stronger?

-Opius

Opius

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone help me with my Maglite 6D setup?

I think that the AW provided Incan Drop in will be my selection.
I think that the Osram 64623 Bulb will be my selection (mabye something else, give me a tip :) )

What batteries should i use?

What output can i hope for with selected setup?

-Opius

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion is 5 IMR 26650 and Osram 64458

You will need some spacer to hold the cells in center and make proper negative contact to spring and body.

Beside the switch/socket, aluminum reflector and Borofloat lens is necessary.

wannabe333

Newly Enlightened
My suggestion is 5 IMR 26650 and Osram 64458

You will need some spacer to hold the cells in center and make proper negative contact to spring and body.

Beside the switch/socket, aluminum reflector and Borofloat lens is necessary.

Hi Fm,

WOuld like to ask you what is the different between Osram 64458 and Osram 64623 since they are both takin 12v????

Opius

Newly Enlightened
I am currently using 6 D-Cell batteries from the grocery store. Going to upgrade.

What is normally used for spacing the batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk