Hurry up new Quarks!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
BackerKit surveys just went out!

cogs87UqmDCzaMyPB7jE8ZNqhDVqyTPfw3tBrYY5s8vQDldtMO3I8L2I3V3zKRLwaBVMFp1duHV05pfoC3oGrF_rpr_-615vFAdH353UEF0-dIB0JxXa2F69l7yhREGvsUZRY8wZUUAT-U_IelqRsIzeN3PK2a4kYS--du91mSu1EG-P8vG0nJUquYqb6-Zg_dS094eOv7Il4RtcnbePb6LQMG6HPZcB-ZWJ_2F_95MluLUQ-q-3ZhsisQm6rrHgSC8RWJI4J2a4hiM8zJ19kFZeU2f1Sau8fcs2vG7Vxw5WwxC9X10QKke6waVIaypywIf6jAGfUYiz-jqpdOst=s0-d-e1-ft
Posted by Foursevens
Sep 7, 2019​
View on Kickstarter

Hey folks. Hope everyone is well! Let's get down to business.

BackerKit Invites

Many of you have already received the email and verified your pledge. Thanks! If you haven't already, please do that as soon as you can. This helps with a few things.

1) This is how I collect your shipping address so I can ship your reward!
2) Filling out your Backerkit survey is the only way I can get an accurate count on how many items we need to ship, and we need an accurate count to make sure we have enough stock to avoid delays. I will literally be pulling my hair out until everyone gets their information updated, and I can't afford to lose much more hair.
3) Completing your survey ASAP also means you and your fellow backers will receive your rewards in the most timely manner. Please don't wait :)
4) If you didn't get the survey, please check your spam filter and also note that the email will go to whatever address you have on file with Kickstarter. If you changed your registered email address *after* you backed this campaign, the email will go to the original address, not the new address.
5) If you have any questions or concerns about anything on the BackerKit platform, please email them directly via [email protected]

Thanks, you folks rock!
Jason & the Prometheus team

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Got mine two days ago...QK16L and a QK2A...This is my first experience with any 4 7 so I can't really comment on how it's improved over previous versions but I'll give my humble impressions. The 5k 319A is beautiful...with a nice large hot spot and generous spill. I'm kind of obsessed when in comes to tint and CRI and this one is a definite standout for me.
I had a bit of a struggle with the 10-half-presses (not clicks) to enter programming mode until I realized I needed to hold the 10th half press for it to enter programming mode.
The mode spacing (1-100-400 w/burst 700 for the 16 and 1.5-80-300 w/500 burst for the 2A) is a bit odd but after more use this might make more sense.

The clip is very strong and holds very well...(being new to 47, I didn't realized it was removable until I fiddled around...) Personally I would prefer more of a deep carry.

The fit and finish is on these two samples is flawless, with grippy knurling and anodizing is perfect as far as I can see.

Very nice lights and I'm duly impressed with the 319A, it will be interesting to hear from others who've experienced previous versions!

Ad_

Newly Enlightened
I received my QK16L yesterday & it was great at first, but it has stopped working already :( Now it only very briefly switches on in low mode before switching off (I've posted more details on the kickstarter comments). It's a big shame because the build quality feels at least as good as my original Quarks and while it worked it was very impressive... hopefully this is just an isolated case & can be quickly resolved.

archer6817j

Enlightened
I received my QK16L yesterday & it was great at first, but it has stopped working already :( Now it only very briefly switches on in low mode before switching off (I've posted more details on the kickstarter comments). It's a big shame because the build quality feels at least as good as my original Quarks and while it worked it was very impressive... hopefully this is just an isolated case & can be quickly resolved.

Did you try recharging the battery? :)

Ad_

Newly Enlightened
As I posted over on kickstarter, I checked the battery with my multimeter and tested with the AW 17670 I use in my original Quark 123² - it's not a battery issue unfortunately :(

I've been investigating it a bit more since my original post and was briefly able to get it operating normally after I tried to unscrew the head to clean the threads & contacts (in case there was any debris/grime left over from manufacturing causing issues) and the two parts of the head started to unscrew - it started working normally when I re-tightened them so I suspect there's a loose connection inside the head somewhere. It didn't last though, and now it's stuck on medium output with no way to change the setting or access burst mode or the configuration menu, and subsequent attempts to repeat it have failed to make any difference.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I posted over on kickstarter, I checked the battery with my multimeter and tested with the AW 17670 I use in my original Quark 123² - it's not a battery issue unfortunately
:(

I've been investigating it a bit more since my original post and was briefly able to get it operating normally after I tried to unscrew the head to clean the threads & contacts (in case there was any debris/grime left over from manufacturing causing issues) and the two parts of the head started to unscrew - it started working normally when I re-tightened them so I suspect there's a loose connection inside the head somewhere. It didn't last though, and now it's stuck on medium output with no way to change the setting or access burst mode or the configuration menu, and subsequent attempts to repeat it have failed to make any difference.
Make sure the twist ring that holds the clip is tight. If it loosen's it can prevent a positive connection with the tailcap.

Ad_

Newly Enlightened
I have contacted support about it, but haven't been able to resolve these issues (I've checked that everything is tightened, the threads & contacts are clean, battery is fine, I know I'm not doing anything incorrectly because it did initially work as it should and I didn't have any trouble changing modes/configuration/accessing burst mode then). So it looks like it will have to be returned :(

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
My package arrived today (two days prior to the initial estimate from the USPS), and I have the batteries in the charger (QK2A and Preon P2). Later tonight, I will get the MKIII experience. I'm looking forward to it.
Cyclops942 ,

Congrats! How do you like it..., and what Config did it arrive in?

• Config. 1: High - (Burst 100%)
  • Config. 2: Max (100%) - Strobe
  • Config. 3: Medium - High - (Burst)
  • Config. 4: Low - Medium - High - (Burst)
  • Config. 5: High - Medium - Low - (Burst)
  • Config. 6: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon - (Burst)

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might already have found out, but it arrives in Config 3. I'm surprised how warm High will get.

Based on the fact that mode memory is widely used, I assume it's liked by most people, right, and that I'm the odd-ball who isn't a fan?

Last edited:

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might already have found out, but it arrives in Config 3. I'm surprised how warm High will get.
Thanks!

New EDC: 47 Quark QK16L MKIII (top in pic), takes a 16650 battery. Bottom 47 QTA (with QT2L-X burst mode lego head & 14500) has a 1 minute 780 lumen burst mode, then 390, and is the bedstand light. Eneloop AA on bottom is for scale.

Quark QK2A MKIII arrives Tuesday after the holiday.

amIifyH.jpg

Last edited:

Agpp

Enlightened
Is there any chance for a new Mini AA batch?
This baby nickel plated would be just awesome...

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Cyclops942 ,

Congrats! How do you like it..., and what Config did it arrive in?

• Config. 1: High - (Burst 100%)
  • Config. 2: Max (100%) - Strobe
  • Config. 3: Medium - High - (Burst)
  • Config. 4: Low - Medium - High - (Burst)
  • Config. 5: High - Medium - Low - (Burst)
  • Config. 6: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon - (Burst)

Like Archangel said, it arrived in Config 3. I switched it around a few times, just to prove that I could enter and use the RECONFIG interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk