I am in Bejing looking at lasers, what should I pick up while I am here?

sidmind

Newly Enlightened
As the title says I am over in Beijing this week just a block away from the Silk Street market, the one laser I am looking at is identical to this one in the link below.
I can get it for $45US (280 chinese yen) with a crappy charger and a couple of ultra fire batteries. it is labeled 20000mw, they also have one labeled 10000.
Its been awhile since I researched lasers, but I am assuming those are fictitious?
I did see it burn a hole right through a peace of thick cardstrock from about 12 inches away, so that was impressive.

My one concern is getting it through customs, I suppose I would want to ditch the box and pull the label off right?

so what do you think is it a good deal? or are these crap?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/20000...y-blue-laser/216524484.html#s1-2-7|2371778507

SemiMan

Banned
As the title says I am over in Beijing this week just a block away from the Silk Street market, the one laser I am looking at is identical to this one in the link below.
I can get it for $45US (280 chinese yen) with a crappy charger and a couple of ultra fire batteries. it is labeled 20000mw, they also have one labeled 10000.
Its been awhile since I researched lasers, but I am assuming those are fictitious?
I did see it burn a hole right through a peace of thick cardstrock from about 12 inches away, so that was impressive.

My one concern is getting it through customs, I suppose I would want to ditch the box and pull the label off right?

so what do you think is it a good deal? or are these crap?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/20000...y-blue-laser/216524484.html#s1-2-7|2371778507

"Wicked"ly fictitious power levels. They may be 1-2W though. You will never know without a power meter .. could be 0.5W

Buy and enjoy. It may be taken at customs, but it's $45. It's a dinner for two at a cheap restaurant. Odds are you will not have any issues.

Semiman