I don't remember the name of a flashlight I sold. Help! I want another!

AS1

Newly Enlightened
About five or six years ago, I bought an LED flashlight that ran on one CR123 cell. It had a deeply crenelated bezel, was flat black, had a square beam (perhaps dedomed?), and I think it came out of a smaller shop in California. I remember it costing a couple hundred dollars. I wish I never sold it, but now I can't figure out what it was. Do you have any ideas what this mystery flashlight was?

AS1

Newly Enlightened
Click switch? How many modes? Any other details about the light you can think of?
Rear clicky. Boutique flashlight. On-off. Like 8,500 candela. Square beam pattern. It's okay. I'm thinking this can't be figured out. Erase thread.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing I could find online that fits the timeline and description would be a (LensLight Mini LED Flashlight, Crenulated Bezel, Single Output, 330 Max Lumens) which used to be sold from KnifeCenter. They were a popular light back in my early cpf days.
It has an aspherical lens so the beam should be square, I never owned one but I wanted to.
Hope you find what your looking for

AS1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, CarpentryHero,
You absolutely nailed it. It was a LensLight. I went online and there it was. Unfortunately, on every knife website they were sold out, discontinued, out of stock, etc. And the dates on sites were all from another era, so to speak. The few used ones for sale were in the $400-$600 range, overpriced, in my opinion. Leonard Chapman invented them for use in Hollywood for anyone interested. Thanks everyone. Mystery solved.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, CarpentryHero,
You absolutely nailed it. It was a LensLight. I went online and there it was. Unfortunately, on every knife website they were sold out, discontinued, out of stock, etc. And the dates on sites were all from another era, so to speak. The few used ones for sale were in the $400-$600 range, overpriced, in my opinion. Leonard Chapman invented them for use in Hollywood for anyone interested. Thanks everyone. Mystery solved.
Can we see a good image of it?

importculture

Newly Enlightened
If you miss the aspheric lens in a small light you can check out 4sevens/Prometheus lights. They sell an aspheric kit that you can swap onto some of their lights. Hope this helps

fulee9999

Enlightened
Can we see a good image of it?

I believe this is it. Looks cool, until you see the cheapo zoomie lens that is.

AS1

Newly Enlightened
Correct. The zoom was the weak link. In retrospect, that is why I got rid of it.
Thanks everyone.

Latest posts