I hates the waiting for my precious....

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have recently ordered a couple of his lights.
These are my FIRST lights I've purchased sight unseen on friends recommendations.
I trust Rob will deliver my lights. He has be more than professionaly and courteous on any of my emails. Never led me to believe something was happening that was not.
Now I am just patiently ( or not so patiently) awaiting the mail service to deliver my first RAW.:wave:

I think I will pay the extra shipping charges so that I can track my next order though. I know international is slow, and with the Christmas season coming on, it could take a loonngggg time for those delivery guys to their part.

I am sure Rob will get to his orders:thumbsup:

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
Right then, clearly you 3 new guys to the forum have only joined to complain about waiting for your order from Lummi. I do not need to repeat all that has been said, if you are not able to wait then please ask for your money back by email. Please do not come here & just continue to come to your own conclusions & slander me & my business. At times when things are beginning to improve the last thing I need is the damage you type of customers seem hell bent on doing. All you need to do is send me an email & I will accomodate you in a polite manner with the choice to wait or take a refund.

To repeat, non of my customers are being ripped off. Everybody has always got & will get what they pay me for.
Whilst I appreciate your correct reasons for posting in this waiting thread.
Any further wrong accusations will force me to close this thread.
:oops:ROB, I do not wish to harm your rep or bussiness,I am sorry for my ranting.But you must see it from my side, I am upset, I would like to have my order. When you give out money to someone [such a long way away ] and then dont get something in return soon your mind starts to wonder, you get negative thoughts,start thinking all sorts of bad things. I do like the look of your products,and from all reports from people that actually have them they are exellent.When you are feeling low it is all to easy to go of in a tangent& chuck a hissy fit. So I say to you please can you get my order to me, I wish you to beat the xmas mail hold ups. Patience is a hard thing to hold on to when your a flashaholic. :(.Please understand that buying something from someone for the first time is going to be a little difficult, trust issues,etc, are all going to go through your mind until it arrives safe and sound in your hands. Please forgive my bitching & complaining,Don't shut down this subforum on my account. :shakehead I hope all the people on CPF reading this can forgive me for my impulsive rant.:eek:

GrumpyBugger

Newly Enlightened
Right then, clearly you 3 new guys to the forum have only joined to complain about waiting for your order from Lummi. I do not need to repeat all that has been said, if you are not able to wait then please ask for your money back by email. Please do not come here & just continue to come to your own conclusions & slander me & my business. At times when things are beginning to improve the last thing I need is the damage you type of customers seem hell bent on doing. All you need to do is send me an email & I will accomodate you in a polite manner with the choice to wait or take a refund.

To repeat, non of my customers are being ripped off. Everybody has always got & will get what they pay me for.
Whilst I appreciate your correct reasons for posting in this waiting thread.
Any further wrong accusations will force me to close this thread.

There's nothing wrong with joining a forum to contribute to a discussion. The fact that I'm new here has no relevance to the relevance or validity of what I say. My post contained details of my experiences. No 'own conclusions' or slander. Just some simple facts and expressions of my conclusions. I have made no 'wrong accusations'. I have not said that your customers are being ripped off, merely that you have repeatedly made claims / promises which have turned out not to be true, and I am unhappy about that. This is fact.

Personally I think that the more potential customers know the truth about what might or might not happen if they place an order, the better! Those who want good customer service might just go elsewhere (saving you a disgruntled customer), and those who are prepared to pay money and then wait an indeterminate length of time for a quality product (I've no reason to doubt that your products are ace) will go into it with their eyes open and no doubt be happy with the results. One day.

I think that closing a thread because some people are expressing valid discontentment would be seriously crappy, and would not reflect well on yourself. The "having a good life on other peoples money" might have been a bit on the cheeky side, but TRITON has apologised for that. The other chap and I have not said anything inappropriate, so to censor it would be very bad form. The correct way to deal with this kind of bad feeling is to get your act together, which you claim to be doing, but with no evidence that I can see (still waiting for my torch).

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first of mine arrived in last nights mail. Proud owner of a Raw SS.
My delay on this was the mail system. It was travelling the world for 19 days.
Very happy now.
Thanks Rob.
Tis in my front pocket as I type.

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbsHI peoples. Well ###k sake didn't I jump the gun to soon with my rant. feel a right dill. guess what :drool:my order was in my p.o. box yesterday:ohgeez:. 1x ns wee-blue trits,1x50lm le.1x 25lm le..1x AL raw no trits-20-100 le.plus spare bits and pieces.Farout these things are great. So THANK YOU ROB and sorry for being a pain. You did come through in the end just like you said you would.Well done you champion..:grin2:.So if you were thinking of buying some LUMMI torches DO SO,you will be pleased. TRITON.. merry xmas everyone..

GrumpyBugger

Newly Enlightened
Grumpy, I feel compelled to give you a head's-up that you're asking for an ***-kicking from the mods by talking like this.

Really? All I've done is state some facts relating to my experiences (completely on the topic of this thread), and some justified (i.e. I've explained why I think what I think) opinions. What is a discussion forum for if not this? I really don't think that I've said anything inappropriate, and certainly haven't set out to offend anyone.

fareast

Enlightened
Really? All I've done is state some facts relating to my experiences (completely on the topic of this thread), and some justified (i.e. I've explained why I think what I think) opinions. What is a discussion forum for if not this? I really don't think that I've said anything inappropriate, and certainly haven't set out to offend anyone.

IF the mods would find anything inappropriate, they WOULD chime in, right? No need for a heads up eh? And since they haven't, well go figure.

In any case, I fully stand behind the words of GrumpyBugger!

dandism

Enlightened
I couldn't wait any longer so I bought a used one and cancelled my order. I'm still waiting for my refund though, how long does it take to build one of those? :thinking:

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I am only now making this post out of frustration and my patience having finally worn down. Here's my story. I ordered a Wee and Raw combination with two batteries each, on April 16th of this year. I waited until May 30th to email Rob to ask what had happened to my flashlight order. He always replies in a very timely manner, I found out. His reply stated that there were battery supply issues and the flashlights would likely be mailed within 10 days.

After hearing nothing for nearly four months, I sent a second email, on Sept 18th, asking about the order. He indicated in a reply that the estimated time of arrival would be "early October." On November 18th, 7 months from the order date, I again (politely, I should add) asked for when they would be shipped. This time I asked for a "good" estimate of when they might be sent. His reply stated that they would be dispatched before the "end of the month." He was also apologetic about the long wait and indicated that finally all the components were coming together.

Once again, hearing nothing further, I sent a fourth email on December 17th, a full eight months since the initial order and payment. His reply (today) was that again he was sorry that this was taking longer than expected. He now indicated that they would be finishing for the holidays on December 23 (today) and returning on Jan 4th. The "aim" would be to get my order "dispatched" to me during the first week after the holidays. Normally this holiday break would seem reasonable, but this will be 8 ½ months after I placed the order. No contact with him was ever initiated by Rob, only by me. No messages were ever placed on his web site.

I understand that Rob was having problems with suppliers along the way, and even suggested patience for the orders on this thread, but I am now wondering if there are other issues involved. Although from everything I've read, Rob makes a superb product, this type of customer service and continually incorrect feedback in emails has caused me to finally wonder about the veracity of his word and when he really will get the products out. Even if he is timely after the holidays, as his last email indicated, it will still be 8 ½ months from my order—and a lot has happened in the flashlight world since then. I don't want my money back, but want my order. I am posting this strictly out of frustration since I feel that my story will resonate with others (shown by previous posts) and should be known. People who ordered seem to be extremely patient as the last post on this thread was on 12/8. If there is a reason for these delays, even if only continual supply issues, then I would like to hear it. Further, I want a real, i.e. honest answer about when my order will be delivered. Sadly, I no longer trust Rob's time estimates at all.

Last edited:

Joe Lee

Newly Enlightened
I, too, placed an order to Lummi last year. It's been an extremely frustrating ONE YEAR but I don't want to bore anyone with my opinion so I'll just give you facts.

5-4-2009 Message received: Payment received; in 10-15 days, order will be sent.
7-7-2009 Message sent: What happened to my order?
7-8-2009 Received: Will dispatch next week when batteries and chargers arrive.
11-3-2009 Sent: Still waiting.
11-3-2009 Received: Will send by mid November; out of reflectors.
11-21-2009 Sent: Still waiting; what happened?
11-22-2009 Received: Order will be sent out this week w/out locators; locators will be sent separately in January 2010.
12-6-2009 Sent: What happened to my order?
12-7-2009 Received: Will send order this week.
12-14-2009 Sent: Given up hope; it's not fair that you took my money seven months ago and have only given me excuses and empty promises; would greatly appreciate a refund (this message was completely ignored and my order was received weeks later, as agreed, without locators)
2-15-2010 Sent: When will you send locators? (which were promised in January)
2-15-2010 Received: More delays; expected early March.
4-7-2010 Sent: When will you send locators? (which were promised in March)
4-8-2010 Received: Expect locators to arrive on April 20.
4-27-2010 Sent: Tired of waiting and being lied to; want refund, hopefully, without any delays.
4-27-2010 Received: "To clarify. You no longer wish to wait for the locators. You would like your £15 back?"
4-27-2010 Sent: "Considering that you initially said that I'd get the locators in January, then March, then April, you again continue to make excuses and I just can't believe anything you say. As I said earlier, I paid you in full in May 2009; A YEAR LATER, I've yet to receive everything that I ordered. Anyone would be tired of being taken advantage of, especially considering this length of time, and you should be ashamed of yourself for treating a customer so poorly! This whole situation is unbelievable! A consumer's nightmare! If you have any decency you'd simply send me my refund without any further delay whatsoever!"
4-27-2010 Received: "The Locators have been a nightmare & I have only
told you what I was being told. I was trying to establish what you actually wanted refunded? My records show that we dispatched your order apart from the 3 x Ice Blue Locators, correct?"
4-27-2010 Sent: "There's a reason why I've continued to send you this on-going message [with all emailed messages between the two of us] which began in May 2009. And that's because it's a record of what's transpired. There are many messages, mine and yours, that state clearly that the current issue has to do with 3 locators (you could have easily discovered that yourself).And for the record, the order was changed from blue to green in November 2009. So, how long is it going to take for you to send me my refund?"
4-27-2010 No further messages received from Lummi.
4-29-2010 Message received from PayPal: PayPal refund of £15.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

fareast

Enlightened
I too held out as long as possible. I have ordered a total of three Raw's and two wee's. My last (my Raw AL is still missing it's trits and I have been waiting since end of last year with me emailing him asking when it will be sent off and monthly I get the same repetitive inconsistent emails back with the oh-so empty promises. Last month I decided not to email him and see what would happen; as expected, not a single email) purchases are basically the same experience as user HarveyRich has put together.

And right now I am spewing on a great forum. Thank you Rob for making me do this. This is a first for me. I told myself many times; kerel (dude), imagine yourself in his shoes. And I have. Many a time.

I feel disenfranchised.

Oh, the worst part? Every time I see one of them, it reminds me of this. It will take some time until it wears off. Luckily I have a nice warm CR2 light coming in, soon.

So on to other lights! They must be kept burning!

philsyson

Newly Enlightened
Hi all
I'm just getting into this new addiction. Until recently it was CDs that I couldn't stop buying....mainly the never ending sequence of Miles Davis reissues. Now, although I still buy plenty of CDs I'm succumbing to ever more frequent urges to buy torches. Why? Im not sure but I'll be well equipped for all those powercuts that we're promised for the future. So far ( 3 weeks) I have bought the Nitecore extreme and the Jetbeam raptor rrt-0. I have also bought a lummi wee ss which is def my favourite to date. Contrary to what sound like some painful experiences described on this list I have received excellent service from Rob....rapid response to emails and a friendly and constructve approach. His torches stand apart from any other I have seen on the net and there is a simple reason for this.... Their design raises them above their function in that they transcend the practical nature of the torch and have become art.

Well done Rob, I hope you can keep on making these. I for one will keep on buying!

philsyson

Newly Enlightened
Just received delivery of my 2nd order from Rob bang on the nail so thanks for great service Rob. BTW my feedback as a consumer is that you are under-pricing your product. Perhaps I shouldn't tell you this but I personally would be willing to pay a higher price for your product because firstly it's worth it and secondly I can feel comfortable that it's going to help you maintain your business so I will be able to buy more of your products in the future.

Raw NS with charger and battery at £80 to £90 feels about right to me