I lost my PST

Twinkle-Plank

Newly Enlightened
I edc'd my Leatherman PST for 10 years and lost it today. Man I loved that thing:mecry: So I guess I looking for a replacment. Whats a good multitool preferably another Leatherman.

Kato

Enlightened
My favorite is the Leatherman Wave. It is slightly bigger than the LST; but features easily accessible blades on the outside, contoured handles, and additional tools. Also, every blade and tool locks open for safety. :thumbsup:

romteb

Enlightened
The Wave is great, a fantastic tool, but if weight matters be prepared for the additional 3oz over the PST.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Weight Im sure i can adjust to. Is the Charge TTi any good?

The Charge TTi is a very good tool. It does come at a price premium though, but if you use the knife blade a lot, you will appreciate the S30V blade. The titanium handles feel very nice in the hand.

If you want something resembling your old PST, Leatherman's Blast offers a good range of tools at a very attractive price.

If you are willing to move away from Leatherman, Victorinox Swisstool Spirit X is an outstanding multi tool.

DArklite

Enlightened
I still have the original PST in unused condition.

Check out the SOG line; USA made (10 miles from where I live by a fellow ex-'Nam vet); well crafted, and leather sheaths. If I lose my multi, I'll probably get a SOG.

Personally I EDC the older Gerber ProScout - a dinosaur too by today's standards, but built tough and hasn't let me down.

OCD

Enlightened
+1 on the Wave!:twothumbs

If I could find a good deal on another one, I would buy it just for a spare so if (actually, not if but WHEN) I break one, I would have a spare! :grin2:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a wave and its great, but alittle heavy. the charge is very similar to the wave, and i feel alittle better for the added price. 1 difference for me is the grip, my wave is too smooth when using the pliers, especially when my hands are greasey. the charge has a few different models, so you might want to check them out.

i also have a leatherman juice s4, that i carry for work. its lightweight, 3.5 inches closed. i like the juice size so much, i want to buy the juice xe6 to replace my wave. i especially like the file, and corkscrew for my wine:)

ive owned a sog also, and gave it to a friend, it has superior pliers, and scissors, but dont like that the knife opened from the inside of the handle, as opposed to the leatherman which the knife/file/saw can be accessed in the folded/closed position. and if you use the file alot, the leatherman file is much better.