I modded a McClicky! (pics)

python

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks, I think I've found a way to reliably remove the stock spring and install a wave spring...as opposed to having thousands manufactured from scratch. Right now it looks like the price for a McClicky with a Be-CU gold plated wave spring will be about $17.50. Would anyone be interested at this price?

YES!!! Contact me !!!

klstclair

Newly Enlightened
I really like this. It is great to see that you are pushing your designs and trying different ideas, and the most important thing is that you are sharing this information as you go through the process so we can understand the materials, what happened when you tried it and if it would work for either custom or production models.

Kevin

rhetro

Newly Enlightened
Hey, so did you guys figure out how to solve this one? Also, I don't manufacture/mod flashlights for a living so please help me flesh this problem out so I can better understand. What would be the incremental cost/flashlight increase for you to switch to the beryllium copper for, say one or two yrs worth of flashlight sales? I mean, you already have the cost of an existing spring, then you have to manually replace it, i.e. are we talking $25, $35, $50, etc on the pass through to your customer? I ask because its an interesting idea that gives you a potential quality advantage relative to the other high end competitor offerings. I would think you could increase prices an incremental amount if the quality justifies it... especially if we are talking < $25 here, but that's just me. Personal disclaimer: I haven't bought a Prometheus light yet, but I REALLY want to.

Rhett

YES!!! Contact me !!!