I regret to inform you...

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best wishes. Thank you for allowing your son to serve this great country. May he rest in peace.

gnlw

Newly Enlightened
My prayers go out to you and your family DHart. I also salute you Elijah, for fighting for all of our freedom. Rest in peace, brave one.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, And would like to express my deepest sympathies.
Norm

Cinder

Newly Enlightened
I don't post very often, but I logged in just to say that I'm very sorry for your loss, DHart. I have great respect for what Elijah did for the country.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will shed tears for the loss of your beloved son.

But I stand tall as an American because of the sacrifices of your family and your beloved son.

I will pray for him and all who serve this country.

And my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family tonight.

GOD BLESS DHart and his family.

+1

My thoughts and prayers for you and your family

justmyluck

Newly Enlightened
Dhart,

I've not been on the boards nearly enough over the past year, but I can remember coming across just the post(s) you spoke of, mentioning Elijah.

And thank you, for sharing this with us here. While this loss is your family's to grieve, it has always been my thought that we should be grieving as a family, friends, forum, and as a country each and every time one of our heroes passes on in battle. Far too often we forget that their choice to do what they do is exactly what allows us to make our choice not to.

I live just south of Dover DE and have grown used to the humm purr and growl of the large cargo planes that fly in and out of here all the time. The fact is not lost in my mind that for many of our fallen heroes, flying into Dover is one of the last legs in their final journey home.

May your son rest in peace. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened
Our prayers will ask the Divine to reach out and comfort you in this time of pain and suffering.

I'm sure any words here will not be much help, but I do know that Elijah was welcomed and cheered by your forebears for having gifted the world the ultimate sacrifice in the service of others.

I too celebrate such a man; I look forward to shaking his hand for what he has done for me.

pmoore

Newly Enlightened
Thoughts and prayers go out for you and your family. And for your son and all those brave men and women. God bless.

scout24

Flashaholic
I salute both his courage and your strength as you go through this terrible time. May all of his loved ones have peace and our prayers. My condolences and thoughts are with you as a Veteran and a Father.