I SuCk at LifEE

raggie33

*the raggedier*
most days im surprised i even made it thru the day. i do some stupid stuff. for real wtf is wrong with me is what i say to my self allday..

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

= Just don't put your new wool blankets in the dryer =

Life can be a pain in so many ways, today is four weeks without running water for me!
Not entirely sure when it will happen.

If some of my posts have been a bit off the mark, not having water sucks.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
+

Life can be a pain in so many ways, today is four weeks without running water for me!

I'm sorry to hear this. What happened?

+

The things we take for granted.
Thank you, Lord, for running water.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Is that why folks at Walmart walk around you wide with a cringed expression 🥴

Just a thought,, can you own rain water catchment tanks in your area?

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Dayum @orbital , no water's no fun. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Reminds me of a story. Our bore is artesian, and sprung a serious leak between the casings a good many years back. We lost all pressure as a huge amount of water was flowing out of the outer casing and eroding everything around.
My dad and I came up with a plan that night, made up hashed-together setup involving a home made concrete pressure pump affair, and a bunch of other top-secret tools, as well as a rough bypass system, and then spent nearly 12 hours straight in freezing water sometimes up to our waists, taking a very long shot at repairing it. We used a special mix of concrete with fibre reinforcing and bentonite clay to plug the hole, over 100ft down. Very risky and certainly not conventional.

The alternative was to cap it - no-one would try to fix it, and no way could we afford to drill another.

Well, even with our amazing lassies feeding us hot tea, goodies and encouragement, it was pretty dam tough work. We could both hardly stand up at the end, but the flow had completely stopped by the time we finished.

Late the next day we came back and cleaned up, and slowed the bypass flow; and then turned it off completely the following day. Full pressure was back, no leaks at all, and it has never missed a beat yet.

Still can't believe it worked.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that why folks at Walmart walk around you wide with a cringed expression 🥴

Just a thought,, can you own rain water catchment tanks in your area?
+

Maybe so, but the chicks love it :love:

I could cut up my down spouts to catch rain, but my neighbors are ok with me getting buckets of water from outside tap.
Really that's just easier for me.
Flushing the toilet uses a ton of water, trust me.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

This thread is about raggie, I don't mean for it to lean toward my issues.

raggie,
you know we've always been there for you, maybe some tough love, but that's better than none.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Maybe so, but the chicks love it :love:

I could cut up my down spouts to catch rain, but my neighbors are ok with me getting buckets of water from outside tap.
Really that's just easier for me.
Flushing the toilet uses a ton of water, trust me.
New pump and casement can get pricey. Did you say well is 100'?

Another thought, they make low flush toilets nowadays. Sometimes Counties give rebates for upgrading..

This definitely falls under LifEE suCks..
Hope your situation gets better soon brother!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
New pump and casement can get pricey. Did you say well is 100'?

Another thought, they make low flush toilets nowadays. Sometimes Counties give rebates for upgrading..

This definitely falls under LifEE suCks..
Hope your situation gets better soon brother!
+

Likely within 150' , very expensive because of my unusually difficult situation not getting a drill rig down to my house.
Alot of moving parts here....
Doing alot of compartmentalizing lately.

My well driller is on a very deep well project in which they've run into problems,, that's why the delay for me.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
+

I explained a bit in this thread recently:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/so-once-upon-a-time.411498/page-17#post-5549039

Cooking & then the cleanup isn't fun without water.
I'm so cheap, gone out to get food twice in that 4 weeks,, a pizza & went to Subway. That's it.
Aww man, I'm sorry to hear about this. It sounds like it's going to be quite an ordeal to fix it. I've never had well water so I'm pretty ignorant of the challenges involved, but I hope you're able to get it fixed soon.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I need help with making a budget . Also finding a doctor both for my mind and body. Don't think we have any pychogist here in my town

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its wierd everyone who meets me offline tells me how smart i am lol. even my therpist . but im such a idiot i cant spell simple words somedays i do better then others i think it matters when i take my meds. im trully like a dumb idiot lol.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends whether you have old schedule 40 well piping or newer plastic well piping on getting the old one out and replaced easily.
Wishing You find a well company that has the right tools to make that job doable for You.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
most days im surprised i even made it thru the day. i do some stupid stuff. for real wtf is wrong with me is what i say to my self allday..
I blinded an LEO with my flashlight just the other day. He returned the favor. I had a Thrunite TT20 with freshly charged battery on Turbo mode. He had a handheld SureFire or Streamlight. So 300 lumens vs. my 2,526 lumens. No, didn't get arrested. He was the one doing something he shouldn't have been. I let it slide, he let my flashing of him slide. Sometimes sh.... just works out.

My gut told me not to go up to that unmarked vehicle that looked nothing like a typical U.M. in my neck of the woods. But did it anyway. That was stupid. Don't feel bad, Raggie.