I Think I'm Looking for 2 EDC Flashlights to Replace My Fenix E01

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Another Thrunite fan here. About a year ago I decided I wanted to get rid of all of my CR 123, CR2 flashlights, and transition to rechargeable AA flashlights. After doing some research on the forums I settled on a Thrunite Archer 1Av3 as my edc pocket light. It's been great. I also have a Thrunite T10 hanging on a lanyard next to the bed, and a Thrunite TN4A in the nightstand (and others stashed in other areas). They are all great lights, and I would highly recommend any of them. The TN4A is my all-time favorite flashlight.

My wife has a T10 in her purse as an edc light, and a TN4A as her around the house utility light. She is definitely not a flashlight person, and yet I hear her commenting on how much she loves her TN4A regularly.

Last edited:

Inner Prop

Newly Enlightened
My Lumintop problems are still not solved. I replaced the batteries and it worked for a little while, but now it doesn't again. I emailed Lumintop and they asked some questions, I answered but they didn't get back to me for a couple of weeks now.

Another problem I found was when it did work it had a tendency to turn on in my pocket.

I really do like the tail clickie, but is there a pen light that is less prone to turn on in my pocket?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might consider the Klarus P20.

It is 2AAA pen light that I think feels very good in the hand and has a very secure clip for shirt pocket carry.

It has three power levels and remembers the last used.

It has a very floody beam, which is great for close up work.

It is high CRI for great color rendering.

I works great on NiMh rechargeable batteries.

Before I got the P20 a couple weeks ago, I was carrying the Nitecore MT06MD, which also is high CRI, three output levels (no memory), is 2AAA, has pretty floody beam, which is great for close up work.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Lumintop problems are still not solved. I replaced the batteries and it worked for a little while, but now it doesn't again. I emailed Lumintop and they asked some questions, I answered but they didn't get back to me for a couple of weeks now.

Another problem I found was when it did work it had a tendency to turn on in my pocket.

I really do like the tail clickie, but is there a pen light that is less prone to turn on in my pocket?

Were you carrying it in your pocket or clipped to the top of my pocket.

None of the pen lights that I've carried clipped in my shirt pocked has ever come on accidentally - Nitecore MT06, Nitecore MT06MD, Lumintop IYP365, Klarus P20 or original 4Sevens Preon 2 have ever come on accidentally when clipped to my shirt pocket.

If carrying down in your pants pocket, you might try unscrewing the tail cap about 1/8 to 1/4 turn to "lock out" (break the electrical contact) the tail switch and then re-tighten the tail cap when you take it out to use it.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I recently swapped my "Energizer High-tech LED Keychain Light" for a Nitecore Tip. And I couldn't be happer with it.

It has all that I wanted. 360 Lumen (i.e. more than Energizer's 45 Lumen), compact, multiple modes (was optional for my desires), integrated battery pack with micro-USB charging port (didn't like this one though, but the reasoning had merit). Got 2 buttons for on/off and changing modes. The 2017 version comes with a clip-on shell to protect the USB-port and accidental activation.

It got a ton of colour options, and the 'Bay floods with them, so getting a cheap one should be easy.

Inner Prop

Newly Enlightened
Were you carrying it in your pocket or clipped to the top of my pocket.

None of the pen lights that I've carried clipped in my shirt pocked has ever come on accidentally - Nitecore MT06, Nitecore MT06MD, Lumintop IYP365, Klarus P20 or original 4Sevens Preon 2 have ever come on accidentally when clipped to my shirt pocket.

If carrying down in your pants pocket, you might try unscrewing the tail cap about 1/8 to 1/4 turn to "lock out" (break the electrical contact) the tail switch and then re-tighten the tail cap when you take it out to use it.

I was carrying it in my pants pocket. I don't always wear a shirt with a pocket and I want this light to always be with me. Maybe if I need to twist it I might as well get a twist-on?

Darth_Cholo

Newly Enlightened
Vote for the Fenix UCO2. The best light is always the one you have with you. Still rocking an LD01 with a nmih on one set of keys, but I liked the smaller new fenix on my second.

8 years ago i bought some other brand single aaa flashlights for other key rings and they all busted. Fenix hasn't let me down in the micro light category.

Latest posts